J-365 2 Pump Topside Controller Not Operating

I just replaced my Topside Controller which was acting up, then lights out on me.   Got the new one installed and plugged in and got lights, but no control or display.  After checking the connection and blowing it out, I finally got display and circulation, but after the first jet cycle I hear a click and I am locked out.  It just displays the temp with no menu or jet control.  I also had Blue Ray light and Heater Light displaying.

After testing fuse continuity, voltage on all leads, and reconnecting the topside controller several times, I turned it back on and I only have lights, no control or display and no Blue Ray or Heater Light.   

Im thinking I have a bad harness connection on the board or the new Topside Controller is faulty.  

Is there anyway to test the harness connection for the topside to see if it's good?  Or, what else could be causing this?

Thanks for the help!

Pulled the board and it does look like I have some burning around the U2 and C2 Area.   

Any thoughts on the discoloration?  Im guessing this might be my issue.

What would be a good source for new Jacuzzi Controller Board?  Other than a distributer... they take forever.

Pic Note: Power off and fuzes pulled.

IMG_1180.thumb.jpeg.dcd0f808203334151ec1f86d337c2336.jpeg

Backside:

IMG_1179.thumb.jpeg.4ea20de19fd21d8f8c2246ef67c6644a.jpeg

Controller Chip is REV 3.82

IMG_1176.thumb.jpeg.5a42936faae238312c886c168dbcb3fe.jpeg

Part 6600-293C

IMG_1175.thumb.jpeg.63f1e7b8b2907a233c1508a44070d72d.jpeg

I had tested out voltage throughout the board before and everything checked out.   

I just got the new board in (Part 6600-297), installed, and everything is working properly.

It was definitely the burned area U2/C2 on the board.   Another owner had the same burned area on his board, but he had a FL2 error, even though his J365 was working properly.   He found he had a surge that blew his Snubber Transistor, but mine was fine.  

Based on these two issues with J-365 Circuit Board 6600-293, I feel that the board is faulty in my case.   I installed the new REV 6600-297 that has newer a newer circuitry design on U2/C2.

I had to set Jumper 8 to off in order to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit, but other than that, it was a simple controller board swap with identical connections and matching screw holes.

Props to SpaCare for getting the board out in 2 days in this world of crappy supply chains.  I would have had to wait a month at least to get that board through a dealer from Jacuzzi.  

On a final note, Jacuzzi has very little in the way of DYI troubleshooting information and there are very few repair videos on YouTube for Jacuzzi, especially J-365.   Local dealers won't touch the spa without warranty, especially if you didn't buy it from them.  I Had to spend a lot of time to figure out Pump Wet End replacement, LoFlo Heater replacement, and TopSide Controller replacement.   Now that I am proficient on the J365, I won't be buying a replacement tub until I cant get parts anymore.

• Like 1