How to drain hot tub (not portable)

Sorry...I couldn't find a place to post this.  I just have a regular hot tub.

Hot tub is level. Drain is fully open and pointing downward. There is still about 1/2 inch of water left in tub after all flow stops. What is recommended in this situation? I wanted to close it down for the summer but I can't leave water in there...it will get absolutely disgusting if I do. Any suggestions?

Several, but first tell me how you plan to keep water out once you get it dry.

In my experience, you can't. So leaving a bit in it hurts nothing, you will have a cleaning job to do either way. Even fully drained, there is still water in the pipes, so you will get some nasty even if you do figure out a way to make it weatherproof.

Wet dry shop vac. 

Once you remove as much water as you can spray all surfaces and the underside of the cover with a mold inhibitor. Also a good idea to place a 2x4 across the top of the spa to lift the cover up a bit to allow air to flow in and out. You will need to cover the spa with something to keep rain water to get back in.

Recommend a cover cap: https://www.poolandhottubdepot.com/hot-tub-cover-cap-7-x-7-x-38/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkZiFBhD9ARIsAGxFX8BFCSWZxUedMH8uad-K1Jc8c6JiVwznVICn92awQYe1uA8jKndbpMgaAsgBEALw_wcB

Mold Control Spray: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Concrobium-32-oz-Mold-Control-025326/100654126