Lifesmart Simplicity heater????

@RDspaguy lol trust me when it comes to mixing water and electricity I've learned the hard way many times over.  My test outlet is GFCI.  As it goes back together for final use I'm using the original cord and guts.  Only change is swapping out the motors.  Pretty sure the fish don't need the full pressure of the 1 hp motor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Is the plumbing 1.5" or 2"? If you have to buy new perhaps buy a Waterway Tiny might ($170 US) Or Laing E14...or... Might have to do some plumbing changes but might run better for your intended use. @RDspaguy thoughts

IDK what name this is but it's off a dirty water pump. Shaft is the same diameter and has the threads that match the original pump.  To mount I'm just blocking it with scrap 2x4 and cut a peice of sheet metal to adapt the pump to that motor as the mounting legs are further out.  Yes completely rigged but all safety features of the original are intact.  Figure it'll run maybe 20 minutes every 12 hours just to circulate the water a bit.

3 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Is the plumbing 1.5" or 2"? If you have to buy new perhaps buy a Waterway Tiny might ($170 US) Or Laing E14...or... Might have to do some plumbing changes but might run better for your intended use. @RDspaguy thoughts

The lower the amp draw the better (and cheaper) it is. I have plans for an aquaponics setup in my greenhouse and plan to use an E10 that I have laying around on a 24/7 cycle for circulation and timed solenoids to flood the beds, shut off by a flow switch on the bell siphon discharge. Will cost about 21 cents a day to run, under $7 a month where I am. That's a great deal for a 20x30 high tunnel full of veggies and several 1000 gallon "ponds" loaded with freshwater lobster (aka Australian redclaw crayfish) and tilapia. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

The lower the amp draw the better (and cheaper) it is. I have plans for an aquaponics setup in my greenhouse and plan to use an E10 that I have laying around on a 24/7 cycle for circulation and timed solenoids to flood the beds, shut off by a flow switch on the bell siphon discharge. Will cost about 21 cents a day to run, under $7 a month where I am. That's a great deal for a 20x30 high tunnel full of veggies and several 1000 gallon "ponds" loaded with freshwater lobster (aka Australian redclaw crayfish) and tilapia. 

I'll keep this info to myself.  If the wife get wind of it I'll have yet another project.  Lol. That setup sounds awesome.   Wife's garden is about 500 soft and the water bill is ridiculous