Caldera Spa Aventine or Marquis Rendevous?

Keep in mind I will probably have to go the used/recertified route with these but I was just curious if anyone had any experience with these tubs?  Most of the time it's just me in the tub and I don't have the budget or space for anything much larger so that is why I am looking at these models.  I did consider Aquarest, Lifesmart, etc. but need delivery direct to a screen room that I have built for one, so curbside delivery doesn't work for me and I have heard complaints about their rough finish feeling like sand paper. So I was just curious if anyone had any feedback on the two tubs mentioned or something that would be comparably sized and priced (tub needs to be able to fit on a 79 inch square platform).  

I've sold both and while it's been awhile, I have also sat in both.  Because its been a few years and I only sat in each once, my recollection isn't great, but what I can remember is that I didn't  love either one but between the two I would probably choose the Rendezvous.  It had 3 seat options which is not common for a corner hot tub and I believe it had nicer therapy with more control and customization.

I currently sell Hot Spring and Caldera.  I do not usually display the Aventine but I do (or would if I had hot tubs) display the Hot Spring TX.  I like the TX over the Aventine due to the Moto-Massage jet and the slightly roomier layout.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback.  The TX does look like a very nice tub, but I would imagine it is also well out of my price range unless I find a really good deal on a used/recertified tub.  Would I be correct in assuming that fall is the most favorable time of year to buy a tub in terms of pricing?  

4 hours ago, Jesterrace said:

Thanks for the feedback.  The TX does look like a very nice tub, but I would imagine it is also well out of my price range unless I find a really good deal on a used/recertified tub.  Would I be correct in assuming that fall is the most favorable time of year to buy a tub in terms of pricing?  

In these Covid times, there is not a better time to buy.  Inventory is almost non-existent and lead times are long.  Prices continue to climb.  If you were buying new, buy sooner than later.  The longer you wait, the long it will take and the more it will cost.  If you're buying used and you have those two options available, same thing, buy sooner because neither of those hot tubs are high volume sellers so the chance at coming across another one is unlikely.

One MFG was held up for almost a week because they couldn't get pallets to ship them on due to lumber shortages. We used to dump the the skids up until a few weeks ago but are now stockpiling them and selling them to a pallet company... and they are likely selling them back to a Spa MFG....lol

I had wondered how they were affected by this.  Not any real surprise as the story is the same with each hobby I am in right now.  The only benefit I can see is that I do have a local guy who specializes in refurbs who gets periodic shipments in and some great deals.  I will be visiting several show rooms this weekend though to get more info on pricing and delivery.  

3 hours ago, Jesterrace said:

Just to add, any experience with the Freeflow tubs?  

I'm looking at this model:

https://www.freeflowspas.com/collections/3-500-4-500/products/cascina

While I don't sell a lot of them, I am also a Freeflow dealer (they are also made by Watkins Wellness, maker of Hot Spring and Caldera Spas).  They are a roto-molded design which is significantly more basic and less expensive.  I have had very few issues with Freeflow.  They use Gecko electronics and I believe Aqua-Flo pumps.  Jet performance will be lacking compared to something like the Aventine or Rendezvous but that should also be expected since the price would be significantly less.  If therapy is the primary focus, then I would honestly hold out for a more premium used hot tub but if you are primarily after the warm water and can accept decent jet action, they are not a bad option for the money.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 1:13 PM, castletonia said:

While I don't sell a lot of them, I am also a Freeflow dealer (they are also made by Watkins Wellness, maker of Hot Spring and Caldera Spas).  They are a roto-molded design which is significantly more basic and less expensive.  I have had very few issues with Freeflow.  They use Gecko electronics and I believe Aqua-Flo pumps.  Jet performance will be lacking compared to something like the Aventine or Rendezvous but that should also be expected since the price would be significantly less.  If therapy is the primary focus, then I would honestly hold out for a more premium used hot tub but if you are primarily after the warm water and can accept decent jet action, they are not a bad option for the money.

Thank You.  I checked into the Aventine and the price was insane ($8900 new delivered with steps and some free chemicals).  Even with material shortages I just feel I could do much better for the money.    Still not sure if it's worth having this guy for $2600 new and then hiring a moving company to put it where it belongs:

https://aquarestoutlet.com/product/premium-150-4-person-plug-and-play-with-12-stainless-jets-ozone-and-led-waterfall-by-aquarest-spas

1 hour ago, Jesterrace said:

Thank You.  I checked into the Aventine and the price was insane ($8900 new delivered with steps and some free chemicals).  Even with material shortages I just feel I could do much better for the money.    Still not sure if it's worth having this guy for $2600 new and then hiring a moving company to put it where it belongs:

https://aquarestoutlet.com/product/premium-150-4-person-plug-and-play-with-12-stainless-jets-ozone-and-led-waterfall-by-aquarest-spas

That's a high price for the Aventine.  The Aquarest one appears to be made by Dreammaker.  I haven't personally dealt with Dreammaker in about 12-13 years so I cannot comment much on them.  They are probably on par with Freeflow in regards to quality but possibly without the same level of mfg support after the sale.

I guess my question to you would be this:  Are you looking for an inexpensive hot tub to try out and upgrade later if you like it or are you looking for something that will last you 10-15 years?  If the latter, then I would skip Freeflow or any roto-molded hot tub and invest into something else.  What are your options that are locally available?

10 hours ago, castletonia said:

That's a high price for the Aventine.  The Aquarest one appears to be made by Dreammaker.  I haven't personally dealt with Dreammaker in about 12-13 years so I cannot comment much on them.  They are probably on par with Freeflow in regards to quality but possibly without the same level of mfg support after the sale.

I guess my question to you would be this:  Are you looking for an inexpensive hot tub to try out and upgrade later if you like it or are you looking for something that will last you 10-15 years?  If the latter, then I would skip Freeflow or any roto-molded hot tub and invest into something else.  What are your options that are locally available?

I have a fair number of brands available locally for the full fledged brands (ie Marquis, Caldera, Hot Springs, Arctic Spas, Cal Spas, Jacuzzi) but they are all out of my price range in terms of new (although I haven't asked any if they have any used tubs in stock).  I do have a local guy that is a refurb/scratch and dent deal hunter who is great at sourcing them at a good price, but he usually only has them for a few days and it takes him a few months to source them at a time.  Kicking myself for not picking up that Oval Tub he had posted for $2500 delivered but my best option might be just to be diligent and watch his page for the next sale.  

https://www.facebook.com/daveshottubs