Leak in 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia spa

Hi, new member here.  Couple years ago, I had a leak at this location at the "business end" of the spa, behind one of the main pumps.  Patched it with WaterWeld (which looks like a broken arm cast in the photo) and it worked a while but had it leaking about a drip per second this season, even with pumps off (no pressure in pipe). Adding additional WaterWeld to the dripping pipe didn't stop leak, perhaps I should have drained the spa first.   So, perhaps rashly,   I then drained the spa and applied three coats of FlexSeal (not shown in photo) 24 hours apart, per instruction.  Leak came right thru the Flexseal at one tiny spot at the bottom of the "elbow" at the same rate.  Drained tub again and applied two more coats of Flex Seal--will fill tub & check tomorrow.    Most likely it'll still leak.

If it still leaks, should I try a tape product?  If so what brand (with adhesive or just the stretchy kind)?  And should I try to strip off the FlexSeal-- assuming I can?

Many thanks,  Rich

949061879_Pipeleak.jpg

There are several major brands of jet that every spa manufacturer uses. The exact jet may not be available anymore, but any jet with the same inside diameter (hole size) and pipe size will do. If it is still available you can save a few $ by re-using the insert, as a different jet would need the insert as well.

• Like 1