Pool cleaners that DON'T get stuck?

Are there any pool self-cleaners that DON'T get stuck on raised profile main drain covers? 

used a Navigator for years before I had my pool redone without any problems, but the  new drain covers that were installed were raised by about an inch to inch and a half.  I recall the Navi used to get stuck frequently and only my becoming aware and pulling on the hose was I able to set it loose. Not even those yellow clips that fit over the cover worked. I now live in a new house with a pool that has 2 main drains and both covers, once again, have a raised profile. I'd like to get another self-cleaner but before I fork out the money only to keep yanking on the hose to let the cleaner head lose, I'd like some recommendations, that is, if any exist.

You would probably do much better with either a robotic cleaner or, if you can re-plumb your cleaning port to pressure instead of suction and install a booster pump, a pressure side cleaner (Polaris, Hayward,  and Pentair have pressure side models) . Suction side cleaners do tend to get stuck. Their main advantage is lower cost but they suck everything into the filter, which then needs to be cleaned. Both robotic and pressure side have independent collection bags or chambers on the cleaner itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, that's the most reasonable and educated reply I've gotten to my question.  Thanks for your input and advice.

I'll consider it, given that it will take some major re-plumbing since I don't have a dedicated vacuum port (other than sticking the hose in the skimmer suction port). 

Thanks!

Both Polaris and Pentair make pressure side cleaners that attach to a pool return and do not require a booster pump or replumbing. They work well but not quite as well as the booster pump models, IMHO. You do need a certain flow rate from your return and in some cases this means closing off other returns or installing smaller eyeballs to restrict the flow. This could be a solution for you if you don't want to go with a robotic cleaner.