Power cut

6 hours ago, Jordan Hawkins said:

won't turn back on until left for a while 

Could be something getting wet (Ozone my guess) and trips it ...then it dries out a bit and will restart. 

If it has ozone disconnect it and try again. Let us know results.

Is  the GFCI in the plug that plugs into the wall? Is there anything else in the house on that circuit that could be over amp-ing the circuit. Those type of breaker can be weak and will trip easily. Wire size and length of the wire might also play a role.  

How to you know if it has one of those breakers ?? I had to get an adapter for the plug as not a normal UK plug think it's American ( round prongs rather than normal UK square) Mine is just plugged into a socket in the shed only other thing plugged in is a freezer 🤷‍♀️ but it doesn't trip the socket it's only the hot tub that turn off nothing else 

15 hours ago, Jordan Hawkins said:

How to you know if it has one of those breakers ?? I had to get an adapter for the plug as not a normal UK plug think it's American

15 hours ago, Jordan Hawkins said:

I was told the power lead was really short could that be a problem ? It would run fine when it was broken but now we have the parts working properly new pump and heater it's tripping after 20 mins 😫

I'm getting the impression this tub is new to you? You have never had it running, except when it was "broken"? Broken how, exactly? What amp breaker is it on? What voltage (I assume 240v)?

Most spa heaters will pull between 16 and 24 amps at 240v. Your pump running low speed will be another 3-5 at 240v. A 20 amp circuit may not do it. Post a picture and find out the kw rating of the heater and amp draw of the pump. 

The fact that you had to adapt the plug connection and think it might be American doesn't bode well. European spas use different transformers for low voltage power, as most US systems use the 120v circuit to power the transformer. US also uses 60hz and Europe is at 50hz, so all timer functions will be inaccurate. And they often have different heaters.

Maybe a bit of history on this tub might be useful. And a bunch of pics of the equipment, board, wiring diagram, electrical connections, and breaker.

• Like 1