Hot Springs IQ2C 2001 Sovereign no heater light on main circuit

Brent331

A91F3684-1EF1-4128-B407-A9EC7D2D6663.thumb.jpeg.ce698fc00422d8d03c3a28eaac77939b.jpegLooking for some help out there. Just replaced the heater relay board and the heater did not replace the main board. It worked great for a while and then all of a sudden the red light on the main board would not light up the green light on the main board was lit green.

The controls change the temperature OK and the red light shows up for power and control but it does not heat up. This red light is on the control the red light on the main board does not come on

does it sound like I need to also upgrade the main board??

Thanks And any help would be greatly appreciated

The picture is upside down The green light is on the two red lights are off

this is on the main board

The green light is limit OK

The red heater on never comes on even though I just replaced the power relay board.   

there is a green light on the power relay board the new power relay board appears to be working fine the only problem is the heater never gets power

Limit OK green always lit

htr on - red light never comes on

Bottom red light on the main board never comes on

Small green lit light Constantly on the power relay board

Keep in mind that this is an updated power relay board with a main board that is 20 years old

89351762-94B0-44DA-A2BE-69037A5011F4.thumb.jpeg.16c512b9bd9f9adde97f9ffb2c9598dd.jpegA91F3684-1EF1-4128-B407-A9EC7D2D6663.thumb.jpeg.ce698fc00422d8d03c3a28eaac77939b.jpeg

I unhook the ozonator from the electricity from plug-in

Still lots of bubbles lots of flow coming from the drain

does not appear to be any Obstruction and plenty of circulation pump flow

keep in mind that this is a new heater relay board installed on existing or original main board

I think the problem is that the main board is not allowing any electricity to go to the heater Since the red light for heater on never comes on the main board

3 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Remove filters. Check circ pump for obstructions and proper flow. Jumper pressure switch connection at board.

@castletonia, any issues with a new relay board on an old system?

Not that I am aware of.  Where I work we do not replace just the relay boards on the old systems, its the entire IQ2020 control box or nothing.  I know it costs more up front but we had a few where bad control boards would take out the new relay boards we were putting.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Brent331 said:

Did you mean that the jumper control switch on the main board is probably bad??

I assume that means that you have to get a whole new board main board that is and hopefully the old relay board is OK

???

No, I mean use a piece of wire to "jump" the pins in the plug on the board for the pressure switch. Post a picture of the whole board and I'll find it for you.