Jandy Lite 2 LJ giving FL 5 (brownout condition) Error

Daveg

I have a Jandy Lite 2 LJ propane heater... The unit is about 14-15 years old but was working perfectly up until recently. I replaced the control module assembly about 4 years ago and the ignitor about 5 years ago. A pool company recently installed the IAqualink RS4 system to control all my pool devices, including the Heater. I am currently getting an FL 5 (brownout condition) error code on the control module assembly display of the Jandy Lite 2 heater. The input load to the Power Control Board is 254 volts (which seems high since the manufacturer recommends 230 volts) I followed steps from the troubleshooting guide for the model and got voltage values that appear to be dead on or in the ballpark of what's expected (12 or 24 volts) In addition, I tested the ignitor, and the resistance reading was 262 Ohms (the range is 25 to 300 Ohms) The FL 5 error indicates to me that the input voltage is less than 85% of what it should be (less than 195.5 volts), but I'm reading 254 volts! Can you recommend any further tests?

• Daveg changed the title to Jandy Lite 2 LJ giving FL 5 (brownout condition) Error