Gecko in.xe stuck in boot loop

Mattevans

I have a dynasty spas with a gecko in.xe 5-11-H4.0 spa pak and a touch screen control.  Went away for a few days and my kids used the spa a bunch and a flow error was on the control when I checked.  Filled the tub, powered off and restarted the tub.  Went through startup with no pumps firing for a while then a message showed up saying check controller cable or update pack software or something like that.  Powered off unplugged controller and plugged back in and now it is stuck showing the hello logo and initializing forever.  There is a regular relay click from the pack.  Pulled the 3  fuses and checked continuity and they are good.  What would you pros check next?

• Mattevans changed the title to Gecko in.xe stuck in boot loop
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/27/2021 at 7:13 PM, Mattevans said:

I have a dynasty spas with a gecko in.xe 5-11-H4.0 spa pak and a touch screen control.  Went away for a few days and my kids used the spa a bunch and a flow error was on the control when I checked.  Filled the tub, powered off and restarted the tub.  Went through startup with no pumps firing for a while then a message showed up saying check controller cable or update pack software or something like that.  Powered off 

I have the exact same issue with my Dynasty Spa. It just stopped working. Did you find a fix?? What was the problem??

We ask that you start a new thread and post up pictures of the spa pack, topside with the error, the wiring diagram at minimum and of the equipment area for leaks, motor issues, etc.

This way, our experts don't have to dig thru the thread to see what steps they provided which was based on the posters issue.

In your case, because I read thru the thread, your issue appears to be the low voltage power supply has failed, which is usually the cause of this issue. An electronics repair tech should be able to fix it but you will need to remove the board from the pack. Other than that, it's a replacement pack that will be required.

3 hours ago, cranbiz said:

We ask that you start a new thread and post up pictures of the spa pack, topside with the error, the wiring diagram at minimum and of the equipment area for leaks, motor issues, etc.

This way, our experts don't have to dig thru the thread to see what steps they provided which was based on the posters issue.

In your case, because I read thru the thread, your issue appears to be the low voltage power supply has failed, which is usually the cause of this issue. An electronics repair tech should be able to fix it but you will need to remove the board from the pack. Other than that, it's a replacement pack that will be required.

He is local to me so I sent him to my guy

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just want to say THANK YOU for this!!!! I was having the same issue and didn’t wanna shell out the $600 for a new spa pack. I’d spend HOURS on HOURS researching and couldn’t find anything until I found your post. I immediately unsoldered and soldered in a new capacitor and my tub is running BEAUTIFULLY!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

• Like 1