coleman 460 mach3 error

I have purchased a used coleman 460 mach3 with a balboa instrument control board.  I am getting an odd error code.  The code is HO  and the last letter looks like half of a lower case b.  After messing with it, I did get a HHO code and the pump would kick on to circulate the water, but the heater never came on.  I left it on and now the HOb code is back.  I replaced the heat sensors, but it made no change and i still have the same error.  Anyone have any ideas for me?  I was considering changing the board but I hate to just throw money at it.  Some people with similar errors said a relay may be stuck or a bad diode.  Any feed back would be appreciated.  The control board is part 54301-04error.msg

Turn off power, disconnect the heater at the circuit board, turn on power and see if it still shows the error. If not, test voltage at the heater terminals on the board. At that temp you likely won't be able to get it to turn off the heater by lowering set temp, which is the definitive stuck relay test, but if it stops with the heater disconnected it likely is a stuck relay.

• Like 1

I unhooked the heater, and the error still comes back.  I did check voltage on the board, one terminal has 6 volts and the other has no voltage.  I do appreciate the response, I did think maybe that would let the error clear but it did not.  The topside controls will not let me make any changes, the backlight comes on but none of the control buttons work.  I did not own the tub when the code first came in so I am unsure if there was any other issues.