Hydropool Serenity HSE4000G will not run

Bigeric

Hi, I am in the UK and have a 2016 Serenity 4000.  It has similar symptoms to other problems in this forum, but I have started a new thread as recommended.  A few months ago, following a short power cut, I noticed that the tub had not re-started and seemed to be in a control loop about every minute or so where it would almost go, the pump would try to run for a half second or so, then the top panel would reset and the cycle would start again.  If left, the tub would eventually go, and when it had got through the initial check/test/high speed run phase, it would run for weeks without any issue until the power went off again.

The situation has deteriorated recently, and the tub will not get past the cycle as above.  I have added a video of the symptoms, which includes 269/r2/LL1/attempt pump start cycle.

There are 2 other points that might be important.  If I unplug the top controller from the main panel inside the tub (presume the 'Spa Pack'?) the pump will run immediately for about 16 seconds at high speed, then stops for about 7 seconds and then starts again.  Every now and again, the pump will not quite catch and it will be the half second pulse, but it generally will catch on the next cycle and run for 16 seconds again.  As soon as I plug the top controller back in, wherever it is in the cycle, it reverts to the fault cycle 269/r2/LL1 as described.

The second observation relates to what happens when the tub is competely powered down.  To protect the system from all this pulsing, I switched the tub off at the breaker and left it a week.  When powered back up, the tub appeared dead, but the LCD backlight could just be made out to be on.  Over about 30-40 mins or so, the LCD would slowly get stronger and readable, and the 269/r2/LL1 cycle would be visible, but with no clicking or pump starting.  After many hours, the fault cycle would start to include the pump pulse that can be seen in the video.

I have checked all fuses and connections, all good, and I am happy to pull the thing apart to look at the circuit board etc and check for damage, if that is the recommendation.  I am holding off in case the description above will give a definitive diagnosis in which case I can try and order some parts.

Grateful for any advice you might have.

Eric

20210421_174323.jpg

20210422_083221.jpg

20210422_083250.jpg

Great news, and thanks for the swift replies. I have the guides that were so helpfully posted in other threads and removing the Spa pack looks fairly straightforward. Will there be a specific part the (yet to be identified) electronics technician will need to order, or is this generic stuff that would have come from the likes of Maplins/radio shack before they closed down in the UK? I guess my question is, when I locate an electronic repairer do I just say 'I have a PCB with a defective low voltage supply' and they just go great, bring it in, or is there likely to be a lot more sucking of teeth and 'not seen anything like this before' type comments?  Grateful for your guidance,  and increasingly optimisticabout getting the tub back up and running.  Thanks again. Eric

I own a 220 gallon softtube and did enjoy it untill it s costing more and more 

Changed the circut board and brought it home from technicen.

Now the motor for the pump is smoking .

800.00 Cdn to have it replaced .

was 500.00 to replace the circut board here in chatham Ontario Canada .

Close to 800.00 after paying 30 percent currencie from USA .

Your pack has 3 low-Voltage interface connections... They are the 3 smaller connectors at lower right on the spa pack. The orange one is 
Keypad, purple is communication link and the yellow is light output. It is the power supply for this section of the circuit board that has failed and is not suppling correct voltage. I am lucky to have a local expert that does my circuit board repairs for me so I don't know the part or part number that is used to repair. Hope this helps. Let us know results. 

2 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Your pack has 3 low-Voltage interface connections... They are the 3 smaller connectors at lower right on the spa pack. The orange one is 
Keypad, purple is communication link and the yellow is light output. It is the power supply for this section of the circuit board that has failed and is not suppling correct voltage. I am lucky to have a local expert that does my circuit board repairs for me so I don't know the part or part number that is used to repair. Hope this helps. Let us know results. 

Nice one, will do. Many thanks 😊