No Power Hot Springs Prodigy

Chuck2

Any help troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.  I have a 2015 Hot Springs Prodigh that is now 6 months out of warranty.  The unit is dead, no lights, no controls, even the logo on the panel is dead.  I have power to the board, hot wire (black) shows voltage in the IQ box.  I could only find one small glass fuse in the IQ box and it is not blown.  Dont know where to go from there.

Looks like it is wired 120v.  On the GFCI plug, is the green or red light on indicating power?  Can you test/reset the GFCI?  

For everything to be dead, either it is a power issue or a circuit board or boards issue.  Having sold Hot Spring and Caldera since 2017 I am yet to have a failure of either board for these current electronics that wasn’t the result of power surge or loose wires.  

First off, that tester is useless for this type of testing. You need a multimeter. You could have lost the neutral and still read voltage with that. Test from the black to the white at the circuit board.

I assume you have not changed anything in the wiring?

@castletonia, that is a strange looking IQ board, do these still have the LEDs on the board?

3 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

First off, that tester is useless for this type of testing. You need a multimeter. You could have lost the neutral and still read voltage with that. Test from the black to the white at the circuit board.

I assume you have not changed anything in the wiring?

@castletonia, that is a strange looking IQ board, do these still have the LEDs on the board?

These are the current IQ2020 boards that have been in use since 3rd quarter 2012.  Should still be a couple LED's towards the top of the main control board.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chuck2 said:

Ok, I will check with multi meter, and no, no wiring has been changed.  One question came to mind, Could a heater failure prevent the entire unit to be inoperative, including lights and display?

I don't believe so.  Even if the relay board was fried the hot tub would still likely show some signs of life.

• Like 1