Lazy spa air leaking from air jet holes

Mactedder

I have a lazy spa saint tropez and I am trying to fill it up with air via hole 1 before adding water. It takes ages for the walls to fill with air but it appears the air is leaking from all the bubble holes around the inside of the spa. The holes used to make the bubbles not punctures. If I sit on the side of the tub the air comes out straight away from the many pin holes. Am I right in thinking the air in the main tub walls shouldn’t leak out though these?

This is the 3rd season on me using this spa.

Also when I opened the A valve water comes pouring out.

is my lazy spa done for?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Mactedder changed the title to Lazy spa air leaking from air jet holes
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys if you aren’t bothered too much about the jets like us or just want it to last abit longer before replacing. We had this issue. My husband cut part of the air jet ring where we could hear the air coming from and there was a puncture inside the air keys ring in the lining of tub. So we have repaired it that way. We haven’t tried to use the airjets yet but I assume it will just come from where the big whole is now in one. 

F4427D4A-4806-4078-9908-2C8D676B766B.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I’m having this issue and mine is only 8 weeks old so I’m guessing the puncture was there when we bought it. I assumed water was bubbling over the sides as having to top it up every other day but it appears the water has just been filling up the walls instead 🤦🏽‍♀️ In getting onto them as surly this is a fault with the liner. 

On 8/15/2021 at 10:22 AM, RachelW19 said:

I’m having this issue and mine is only 8 weeks old so I’m guessing the puncture was there when we bought it

These inflatable spas are assembled using heat-welded seams.   Very little QC testing is done in the factories on these types of spas.  A missed or failed seam is totally not surprising on these budget grade products. 

For older inflatable spas, water adds pressure to the seams - add in heat and you're compromising the structural integrity of the seal, eventually causing them to stretch and eventually tear over time (that's why you'll never see a 10+ year old inflatable hottub - because the seams give out way before then!)  

Sadly there aren't many easy ways to repair a torn seam without the repair also ripping out from the stress of air pressure + water pressure - these spas are built to be used and then discarded/replaced as needed. Serviceability is not exactly something these Chinese factories care about when producing these inflatable spas - they make more money when you buy more stuff, not fix the old stuff.

My advice to you would be take the spa back to the original place you purchased it and demand a refund for the defective item.  If/when they refuse, call your bank and request a charge-back - explain to them you bought a defective product and the store is refusing a return/replacement after two months. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve had my Lazy Spa Vegas 10 weeks and yes the inflatable liner was filling with water and it keeps deflating once pumped up if the inflated liner is pushed you can see the bubbles coming from the failed area within the spa, really really bad quality most annoyed will wait and see what happens with respect to the retailer it was bought from 😡

• 10 months later...

Hi my name is Colette I’ve got a lazy spa vegas and have got the same issue I’ve had mine for two years,but only used it about 5 times. Mine was full and we had to empty it to change the water then when we tried to put air in and then water the spa started to deflate. This has got to be a manufacturing fault with the spa.