Marquis Vector 21 vs Hollywood Elite

We just started looking around at spas. So far, we like the Marquis spas the best out of what we can find in a showroom and get within a few months.

The two models we're considering are the Hollywood Elite and the Vector 21 V94L.

They had a Hollywood Elite with a lounger in the showroom. The Vector 21 didn't have the lounger. It was the V94. 

The lounger in the Hollywood Elite fit me well. I have broad shoulders and some of the other tubs I tried were too narrow. The salesperson said the Vector 21 would have the same dimensions for the lounger, but I'd like to confirm that if anyone knows for sure. She would probably tell me whatever I want to hear to make a sale.

My other question is on the price. They had the Hollywood Elite at $10,500. From what I've been able to dig up online, that seems high even for pandemic pricing. They had the V94L for $12,500, which is more in line with what I'm seeing online. Do those prices sound fair?

I appreciate any feedback I can get.

Thanks

I don't think there are any active Marquis dealers on this forum who could help with that level of technical details.   Might have better luck on one of the Facebook hottub groups which has tons of active members and often several dealers for each brand, they'd likely be able to help answer your concerns about the lounger seat.

10 hours ago, NerfHerder said:

My other question is on the price. They had the Hollywood Elite at $10,500. From what I've been able to dig up online, that seems high even for pandemic pricing. They had the V94L for $12,500, which is more in line with what I'm seeing online. Do those prices sound fair?

Pricing varies completely from dealer to dealer as they're the ones responsible for warranty labor costs (in most cases).  Not all dealers operate on the same profit margins.  Sometimes it's worth paying extra if you're buying from a dealer you trust with qualified experienced techs who you know will properly fix your tub if/when warranty service is needed.   You'll be stuck with the dealer for the duration of that warranty, so might as well buy from one you trust.

I personally really wanted a specific Hotspring tub and got a bad vibe from my local dealer (just too many red flags to ignore lol), so I found another dealer equidistant away.  What a world of difference - small family run business for decades selling & servicing one brand of hottubs the entire time.   VIP service from the moment I entered the store to delivery day when the techs literally reviewed/summarized every page of the owner's manual while filling/testing my tub.   Best of all, their pricing was 20% lower for the same make/model tub compared to the other dealer I'd visited the week previously so it was a win/win for me.

That said, prices are going up for everything - raw materials are getting harder to find and manufacturing costs are going up. Pricing will continue to increase on all hottubs, as it always does (although now at an accelerated pace lol).     The old saying "buy cheap, buy twice" rings especially true in this industry.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

• Like 1

It's been almost 18 months since I have seen Marquis pricing and I know pricing has gone up since then.  Marquis will let you pick and choose your options on the Vector and Elite series.  What are your prices including (full foam, ozone, spa frog, lighting, etc), what steps and cover lift are included?  Knowing nothing about what's included and what 2021 pricing is, I would say they are probably both inline with what they should sell for.  There wasn't a huge wholesale cost difference between a V84 and a Hollywood Elite in 2019 and I was $1,000 - $1,200 less for a V84 vs a V94.

The only Celebrity/Elite model I sold was the Broadway so I never had a Hollywood to compare.  

Thanks for the feedback. Both prices include the cover, what they called upgraded steps (two steps instead of one), a lighting package and delivery (including a crane if needed). They said the Hollywood would have partial foam insulation at that price and the Vector would be full foam. We have mild winters here, so that's not a big concern. 

We didn't sit down and go through the options line by line or anything, so it's hard to say what the exact price would be with different options. I'm inclined to go with whatever is included. I already have a nice bluetooth speaker setup in the backyard, so that's an easy pass. 

4 hours ago, NerfHerder said:

Thanks for the feedback. Both prices include the cover, what they called upgraded steps (two steps instead of one), a lighting package and delivery (including a crane if needed). They said the Hollywood would have partial foam insulation at that price and the Vector would be full foam. We have mild winters here, so that's not a big concern. 

We didn't sit down and go through the options line by line or anything, so it's hard to say what the exact price would be with different options. I'm inclined to go with whatever is included. I already have a nice bluetooth speaker setup in the backyard, so that's an easy pass. 

I would skip options like music, not worth it for the cost or quality.  I personally would want the full foam insulation.  I've seen too much variance in the amount of foam when partially insulated.  The only other options would really be ozone, inline spa frog and wifi. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just to follow up, we ordered the V94L today. We paid $12,000 plus tax. The price include the upgraded LED, upgraded steps, in-line filters, ozone, the cover and a cover lift. They deliver it even if they have to use a crane, which is a possibility. They set up the chemicals and we can take a sample in for testing any time. If we have trouble with it, they'll come out and balance it for free. We originally went into it thinking we wanted to spend about half what we paid. But after poking around online, we're happy with what we paid for what we'll get.