need replacement pump advice

gurusi

Hi, I have an old 1990's? Spa that came with a house I bought. Everything was working fine except for a small leak on the pump discharge connection. So being over zealous I tightened it with a wrench and broke the nut. Apparently the pump unions are now obsolete (tapered and non standard thread sizes?) and ive searched for days looking for one or something close i can epoxy.  Photos attached in case someone knows of a solution!

So I am now looking for a replacement pump that will have 2" standard inlet and discharge fittings. Photo of the current pump is down below. can anyone recommend a similar pump? I cant tell if its a 1 or 2 speed pump and looking at the amps i think its 1.5 or 2hp?

Many thanks, any missing info am happy to update.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

6 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Here is the union. They never made a split nut repair fitting for that so you will have to do some plumbing.

https://pool-spa-supplies.com/jacuzzi-sundance-j-pump-series-pump-union-2000-170

Wow, that looks like the one! may I ask how you knew the correct part? As most of the websites don't have any specific dimensions.

Thanks again! lets hope they will ship to Canada

I've been fixing them for 26 years and recognize an old Jacuzzi k-pump when I see one. I also know it uses the same union as the j-pump, which these are labeled for. The j-pump was the more common of the two by far, and was even used in jetted baths, as it is self draining. Jacuzzi used them for many years.

• Like 1

2 piece split nut union here: https://www.poolandhottubdepot.com/search.php?search_query=split nut&section=product

Contact them directly for fitment. Located in London, Ontario. 

@RDspaguy is that plumbing Jacuzzi only or will it be universal?

7 hours ago, gurusi said:

thanks for the knowledge and information.

He's full of it 🤣

44 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

2 piece split nut union here: https://www.poolandhottubdepot.com/search.php?search_query=split nut&section=product

Contact them directly for fitment. Located in London, Ontario. 

@RDspaguy is that plumbing Jacuzzi only or will it be universal?

He's full of it 🤣

Pool&HotTubDepot are my go to, they were unable to find a part due to supply issues unfortunately.  

• Like 1