Gecko XM Spa Pack pump keeps running

Hi all. I have a Gecko XM Spa pack on my Coyote Drifter. I’ve replaced the pack recently with a used one as the old one was faulty. The spa came with a house purchase so I’ve been trying to get it working.

Im having some success and now have both pump one (the only pump) and the blower working. However on a few occasions the pump seems to be stuck on and I can’t turn it off on the settings. It won’t switch between high and low mode either. Other times it’s ok.

Also I set the spa to 35 degrees last night and this morning I went out to it and the pump was still running and the heat was 42.5. I’m wondering if the heater got stuck on at the same time as the pump.

I did have a previous issue where the blower wasn’t working but I managed to get that sorted by just going into the LLP settings and re-selecting 11 (the one it was on) it seemed to do a reset and then it ‘found’ the blower.

My knowledge is very limited. Is there a way of finding what LLP my old pack was on so I can try to set the replacement one up exactly the same or is that not really possible?

I have contacted Gecko to see where they can assist but as it’s Easter I was keen to see if I can get a head start on here :)

Thanks in advance

Check your filter cycle duration and frequency. If it is set to long it will run and run. 

XM Quick Start Card here: https://www.geckodepot.com/fichiers/documentsproduits/gda/en/qsc_xm_en.pdf

You will need to know the "revision" number...see note at bottom of page 2

• Like 1

2 hours in the AM and 2 hours in the PM. If it has a setting with an "F" and a number...2,4,6,8, FC...F2 means it will filter the water for 2 hours out of every 12 hour period or a total of 4 out of 24H (2H in AM and 2H in PM) If it is set at F8 it will run 16H a day. If it is set at FC it will filter 24/7. Often the way to set the start time of the filter cycle is to OFF/ON the main breaker at whatever time you want it to the filter cycle to start and then it will run automatically from there each day at 12H intervals. 

It’s set to F2 with the first cycle being set at 8am. It’s set for 2 hours so that doesn’t seem to be the issue as it shouldn’t be on now. I changed it to one cycle to check that it’s not mid cycle.

Ive knocked it off at the mains for now as I can’t get the pump to stop and the heat is going up. The heat is now 2.5 degrees above what I had set it as so I think I’m better to turn it off for now. 

Just not sure why I can’t seem to turn the pump off. The display must still be working as I’m able to turn on the blower and the lights still.

The lower level programming must think the spa has a 24/7 circulation pump and is running the main pump like a circ. You will need to verify you have the correct LL number programmed and locked in. Follow the directions on page 2 of the tech book I posted and see what number is programmed in and see if it matches the LL # chart also on page 2

I’m in Europe :) 

when I checked it was set at 11 which does indicate a circulation pump on the doc that you kindly shared. The odd thing is that it’s not consistent as it was ok for a few days and I was able to turn the pump on low or high. 

Is it safe enough to change LLP to 9 or maybe 5 or is it likely to cause issues? 

When I cycled through the LLP settings I’m sure there were about 16 which does seem to differ to the info sheet which indicates 11.

Is that for the XM2? Has that got different settings to the XM as mine is the older XM one.

I don’t believe it has a circulation pump but I’m not 100% sure. Is there an easy way of telling. This is what connections I have. 

C9C28E11-1791-4DFF-BEB1-755C89538C80.jpeg

Ive just also noticed that both the packs have the same ID number starting on 0601 so that should be a good start I guess.

1 pump (orange), 1 blower (light blue), and red one (RH) is the remote heater.

Topside, Remote Heater and light plug in using the smaller connectors along the top

https://issuu.com/geckomkt/docs/inxm_ce_techbook_en

Gecko Resource links here:   https://issuu.com/geckomkt I did a quick look and did not see a Quick Start Card for the IN.XM-1-CE but you might want to have a look yourself.

• Like 1

I think I’ve made things worse by trying to get it to run through the LLP settings again. I seem to now have an Sc Er message that is stuck on and I can’t get it off :( 

Had hoped that running through the LLP settings again might have reset the always on pump issue that had come about recently but now the pump is still running and I have the Sc Er message that I just can’t seem to get rid of. 

Hold that thought. Disconnecting the pump and then pressing a key on the control panel has dismissed the error message. Now no errors but once reconnected the pump is still running constantly and can’t be turned off. 

Back to where I was in the first place at least. I am contemplating getting the old spa pack out of the garage and connecting it up to see if I can find what LLP setting it was as that may help.

Final update on the tale of woe lol.

Reconnected the old spa pack which we were told was faulty when we purchased the house. It had the red spanner light on so we just assumed it was dead.

It was set to LLP 2 (replacement was 11). That may have resulted in the issues but basically the old one is working. So I’m going to leave the old one connected and see how it goes. 

• Like 1