Tiger River Bengal (unsure of model) keeps tripping breaker - desperate - have tried everything!

MommaK

Hello,  SUPER newbie here.  We purchased a used and "refurbished" tub from a reputable dealer in May of 2020.  It worked great for a few months but then we heard a sort of "knocking" sound that happened once and then never happened again.  Because this happened within our 6 month warranty window we let the dealer know.  While the "knocking" sound never happened again, a few months later the tub began tripping the breaker.  Long, long story short, we contacted the dealer and have tried everything under the sun to fix it.  Nothing makes logical sense (to me anyway).  First they said our filter was clogged - bought a brand new filter - still happened.  Then they said try it without the filter - still happened.  We then had a second certified electrician come and look at the work the first certified electrician did - found no issues.  Sometimes it trips after running a few days - sometimes it trips right away.  However, it's never tripped while we've been in the tub.  I'm about ready to return it and be done with the whole thing!  Thoughts?

How is the tub configured? Ozone, circulation pump, multiple pumps, etc.? Can you post up some pictures of the equipment area, inside the spa pack, pumps with the data plate and wiring diagram?

Is the electrical service new?

Could be a lot of things, heater, pump or pumps, ozone generator (if equipped) or even a bad GFCI.

I'm sure the experts will be around shortly but if you can add some of the stuff I asked you for, that will greatly help them.

So, something in the tub "pops" and you have to reset the breaker to clear it is what I understand now.  Do you hear it pop or does the tub throw an error or just stop working? Do you need to reset both breakers or just the 20A or 30A breaker? Has the dealer replaced the board yet?

Could be a relay, could be a sensor or the board itself. Can you take off the cover of the IQ2020 box and get some pictures of the board and wiring?

14 hours ago, MommaK said:

It just stops working.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Are there any indicator lights on the controller or LEDs on the circuit board after it stops working?

When a breaker trips it only goes halfway off and must be turned completely off to reset it. Are you certain it is not tripped? 

Do you have a voltmeter or multimeter?

Post clear, close up pics of the circuit board.