Sundance Caprio Leak

Jarrett

Our Sundance caprio spa came with our first house and so far has been a trooper. Over the last few weeks I’ve noticed leaking water. We thought it was just a bad filter and replaced it but still more leaks. I finally found the leak and replaced the hose clamps with new ones but I can’t seem to stop the leak. It’s circled in yellow and I think it’s a fun coming from the transfer pump but it’s all Greek to me. 

any suggestions on how to repair the issue or should I call in a technician? 

4029BC44-4910-470E-911C-58451702E498.jpeg

31237F39-50FD-4C95-9E0E-D200EC033918.jpeg

716F3088-9E45-4F05-B444-4C05B059B703.jpeg

I see three possible leaks there. The junction of the hose and the barb, the junction of the barb to the fitting, and the above the circle that shows the calcium buildup of a leak. 

For hose clamp leaks, heat hose with a heat gun or hair dryer until flexible and re-clamp.

That barb probably screws into the fitting, and the fitting is prone to cracking up the side of the threads. I have never seen that fitting available by itself, and have to buy a heater. Epoxy putty or plastic weld can help for a while with good surface prep.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:22 AM, RDspaguy said:

I see three possible leaks there. The junction of the hose and the barb, the junction of the barb to the fitting, and the above the circle that shows the calcium buildup of a leak. 

For hose clamp leaks, heat hose with a heat gun or hair dryer until flexible and re-clamp.

That barb probably screws into the fitting, and the fitting is prone to cracking up the side of the threads. I have never seen that fitting available by itself, and have to buy a heater. Epoxy putty or plastic weld can help for a while with good surface prep.

I’ve replaced the barb and hoses. Fixed that one and then epoxied the fitting where there was a slight crack. 

I’m going to let the epoxy set over night and see if it’s going to hold. 

if I do have to replace the heater is there a product/part number? The manual online isn’t the best in terms of replacement. 

thank you for your help!