High pH Low TA

NWHandy

I have responsibility for an in-ground hot tub of 2900 gallons. Using bromine. Turnover rate approx. 160 gal/min. I am having to add sodium bisulfate every day, often twice a day. The morning check almost always has the pH at 7.8 - 8.0. I am also struggling to keep the TA up to where it should be. Checking twice a week, the TA often drops to 50-60. Even with zero bather load during the Covid shutdown I had this problem. I don't have this problem quite so badly with the pool. For that the pH stays pretty constant at 7.4, although keeping the TA up can be an issue at times. Checking twice a week it generally stays at 70-80. When it drops below 70, I bump it up to 100+ using baking soda, then it slowly drops back to 80 over the course of a couple of weeks, then stays steady for a couple more, before I have to bump it up again. Turnover for the pool is also approx. 160 gal/min.