2008 Hot Springs Sovereign II intermittent water flow, heater shutting off

riznat

I have a 2008 Hot Springs Sovereign II, about 2 weeks ago I noticed the water feature water flow would put out a burst of water, then nothing, then a burst, then nothing etc. I also then noticed that I only felt heat coming out of the heat return on the bottom of the tub while the water was coming out of the water feature, as soon as the water feature water stopped, so did the water/heat from the heat return. Also noticed that the heater is shutting off when i turn up the temp (~100 degrees) the only way it seems to stay on is if I keep the jets on or I turn the temp down to like 97.

I feel like I need a new circulation pump, i think what is happening is water is getting into the heater, then the pump is off for a few seconds and its then tripping the high limit sensor and the heater shuts off, i feel like the water is sitting in the heater too long and over heating. I can hear a clicking sound and something turning on, then what sounds like boiling water, then it shuts off and it keeps repeating like that.

Can anyone confirm that this is probably the issue? Hopefully I explained it properly :).

Thanks!

Maybe, but you are jumping the gun to buy a new pump. 

Remove the first filter, the one for the circ pump, and see if it starts working. Make sure water level is covering the filters.

Do you have a voltmeter? Check voltage to the circ pump, and verify that it is constant.

Post a pic of the circuit boards.

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

Maybe, but you are jumping the gun to buy a new pump. 

Remove the first filter, the one for the circ pump, and see if it starts working. Make sure water level is covering the filters.

Do you have a voltmeter? Check voltage to the circ pump, and verify that it is constant.

Post a pic of the circuit boards.

Thanks, I will try to get a pic of the circuit board this weekend. I removed the filter but it didn't change anything. I don't have a voltmeter but maybe i'll pick one up.