Low Flow Balboa M7

ChrisB72

Hi all,

I have an old hot tub that has had it's system replaced with a Balboa M7 system. Every time I try to heat the water, it gets to about 22deg c and then a low flow error appears, cant really get it above 24deg. 

Its not a water level problem or filter, I have replaced the sensors, burped it and released any air pockets, replaced the circulation pump, element and checked for blockages by taking apart the 'plumbing'. The 'blower' has plenty of water flowing through it, and believe the water flows well through the heater. 

I am at a bit of a loss - what else could it be? Has anyone encountered a problem like this before?

Thanks,
Chris

Put a meter on the heater element and make sure you have 220V. Make sure the spa is calling for heat when testing. If a heater rely is burnt up you might only be getting 120V to the heater. Another possibility is that the element itself is caked over with calcium. You would need to remover the heater tube and look inside to verify its condition. 

Electricity can kill if you are unsure how to live test please call a professional. Safety never takes a holiday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisB72 said:

Its not a water level problem or filter,

How do you know it's not the filter? Remove the filter and run it.

I have replaced the sensors, burped it and released any air pockets, replaced the circulation pump, element and checked for blockages by taking apart the 'plumbing'. 

All recently? What "plumbing" did you "take apart"?

The 'blower' has plenty of water flowing through it,

I hope not, since blowers are for air and cannot get wet. What are you talking about? Post a pic if you don't know the name.

circulation pump,

Pic please.

believe the water flows well through the heater. 

My kids believe in Santa. They are wrong, and you could be too.

Do you have a multimeter?

Post pics of equipment area, circuit board, and wiring diagram.