Air Controller Valve Question_No Bubbles

Skippyb

Hi everyone! 

So, I'm not getting any bubbles. 

Firstly, I ran it with all the jets in their housing and no bubbles. Then I took them out to soak in vinegar & water. The Beachcomber tech on the phone said that there's probably air in the jets and told me to run it on full for 10 mins....still no bubbles. Could that have been because the jets were not installed at the time?

I looked at the Air controller valve seals and they were definitely toast. The one shown was gummy and the other one totally disintegrated. 

Question:

- I understand the concept of the valve opening up and letting in air, but what is the ball for?

- Could replacing the seals be enough to solve the bubbles problem or should I also be looking elsewhere?   

Observation:

* The second air controller to the right of the control panel, had water just under the ball, but the one on the left did not. What could that mean?

Thanking you all in advance.

Cheers 

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

The air is drawn into the water with a venturi, which is part of the jet internal. If they are removed, there can be no air drawn in.

The ball is a check valve to prevent water from leaking out of the air control when the jets are off.

Bad "seals" would mean you couldn't turn off the air completely.

Water in the air lines up to the water level is normal. Depending on plumbing, it could also hold water when the spa is drained.

Are you not getting air flow on just one of the air controls, or all?

Old deteriorated jet internals, bad or missing jet o-rings or seals, multiple closed jets, heavily scaled jets, or improperly installed jets can cause the air line (which should be under a vacuum) to become pressurized, and so flood the air line preventing any air from some or all of the jets on that line. In extreme cases, it will go all the way back to the air control and cause leaks if the check valve is not working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1