Have new Caldera Martinique circulation pump. Question before installing??

Boomerps2

Hello all,

I am new here and figured this would be an excellent place to ask a question and get some advice. I have a 2011 Caldera Martinique hot tub that runs beautifully and has been a solid performer the entire time I've had it. One day I noticed the circulation pump was vibrating the entire tub so I figured I better get it replaced. I got the new pump and when I went to the tub to start draining it, I noticed the noise was gone. What happened was the pump gave out completely and tripped the breaker. Reset breaker and pump does nothing. Turned off the breakers, drained the tub and getting ready to install this new pump.

Question: Would the circulation pump giving out and tripping the breaker damage the heater at all given the water stopped moving through the heater? Does this typically damage the motherboard in these situations?

Anything I need to check before I install this new pump?

1 hour ago, Boomerps2 said:

Would the circulation pump giving out and tripping the breaker damage the heater

Probably not.

Does this typically damage the motherboard in these situations?

No.

Anything I need to check before I install this new pump?

Fuses.

• Boomerps2 changed the title to Have new Caldera Martinique circulation pump. Question before installing??

Okay wait, what color is the status light supposed to be on the heater?

The temperature is rising and the tub is heating. When I plug the circulation jet with my finger and let go, hot water spits out. Went from 50 degrees to 54 degrees in a half hour. Outside temp is 30 degrees. 

Just now, castletonia said:

On the display, if the word "power" is constant and the temp is going up, its heating.  If "power" is blinking, then you have an issue.  The word "ready" will appear once the water temperature is within 2 degrees of the set temperature.

"Power" is constant and the temp is rising. So I guess the "HTR" status LED on the mainboard is supposed to be RED. I assumed the red meant there was something wrong because the other two are green. Thank you RDspaguy and castletonia for the help. Much appreciated.