Beachcomber hotube doesn't heating

J27

Hi 

I'm new here , just thinking is the any body can give me advise ?

I have beachcomber hot tube and all working a part of is not heat a weather at all , is the any think I can do my self . What could be the worst case scenario

IMG_20200620_143349.jpg

Attachment is unavailable.

No error codes and no heat is usually a faulty board or heater. Do you have a voltmeter? Check for voltage across the heater terminals on the circuit board.

It could be a mode issue. That system should have standard mode (st, std), economy mode (economy, econ), and possibly sleep (sl, slp). Standard allows the system to turn on the pump and heat on demand, economy allows heating only during filter cycles, and sleep turns off the heater. 

Some heaters will have a built in high limit switch that can be manually reset. Check the heater for small buttons or a rubber circle the size of your finger.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , thank you for your instruction , could you tell , is the possibility to fix the main board  or need to be replaced , dose any body could suggest where is the best place to ask , I was call locally fixer and been told it will cost me 750£ plus fit in , I'm sending more photos wit serial number . 

IMG_20210323_180252.jpg

IMG_20210323_180102.jpg

IMG_20210323_180219.jpg

Open the balboa box and take a few good pics of the circuit board and diagram on the box cover. Then one of the whole equipment area.

Circuit board relays can be replaced by anyone skilled in electronics soldering. The relays are available online.

6 hours ago, J27 said:

will cost me 750£

I have no idea how much that is, I am in the USA. It might be the deal of the year, for all I know.😉

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The flow switch has an arrow that indicates direction of water flow. Make sure it is in the right position and not screwed in too far or too little. 

On 3/24/2021 at 11:48 AM, RDspaguy said:

Open the balboa box and take a few good pics of the circuit board and diagram on the box cover. Then one of the whole equipment area.

• Like 1