Thermistor ohm reading

StevenD

Hot Springs/Watkins Solana TX.  Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track.  The thermistor is part number 72493, if that makes a difference. Best I can find is at 104 degrees the resistance should be somewhere between 5-6 ohms.  Yes/no? Is the a more specific reading?  

Temp difference has gone from 2 degrees to 4 now. 

https://www.backyardplus.com/proddetail.php?prod=38416

Scroll down to the testing procedure and you will find a chart.

When testing for thermistor issues it is far more important that both be the same than that they be accurate. Your spa won't know if both are off by a degree or two, but if one is higher than the other it will cause errors. Test both and post results. If they are more than a few hundred ohms apart it will cause errors. 

I recommend replacing both thermistors at the same time.

20 minutes ago, StevenD said:

Best I can find is at 104 degrees the resistance should be somewhere between 5-6 ohms.

Where on earth did you hear THAT? Thermistors operate in thousands of ohms. 5 ohms would be a mouse chewed shorted wire. 5k ohms (5000) is in the ballpark for 104*.

Thanks. Yeah that's the chart I was looking at.  Will be checking both.  I know there's a 2 degree give/take between actual water temp and what the control panel uses to turn on the heater so wasn't too concerned at first. But now set at 104 water temp is only 100. Checked several times throughout the day and evening.