When to get in after 3 step bromine process

WickedTub

So finally got all my stuff to convert to bromine.. should I wait for my chlorine levels to drop below 1 to start... also once I add the sodium bromide for the reserve bank and then shock and add tablets to my sundance bromineator what levels do the bromine need to come down to before its safe for my family to use the tub? And how long should that take to come down.. thanks in advance 

Edit: how many tablets should I start with if my tub is about 390 to 400 gallons? 4?

On 3/8/2021 at 12:11 PM, WickedTub said:

should I wait for my chlorine levels to drop below 1 to start

no, if you add sodium bromide into a chlorine tub you have a bromine tub almost instantaneously but I would shock it first so the bromine is above 10 ppm. Wait until the bromine is below 10 ppm before entering. then add your floater and adjust it to maintain 4-6 ppm of bromine. Number of tablets should not matter but how open or closed you have the floater does. I usually recommend 3 or 4.

• Like 1