Biofilm help please!

Holty

Hi ive had my hot tub for 8 months now and i have completely brought this issue upon myself. I havent used the hot tub for the last 2 months but left it running. 

So a week ago i decided it was time to get back in it. I noticed small yellow flakes at the bottom of the tub, nothing floating, no sort of mold or foam just the deposits on the bottom. Ive contacted a few places to see if they had any idea what it was and i was told biofilm. 

I am now £120 into cleaning products and 4 days in to scrubbing the hot tub everynight after work. The last product i used was ahh-some it foamed up right away and the foam started to slightly yellow around the edges. I followed the guidance and wiped and wiped constantly then fully drained down cleaned every single area i can get to and ive even used a brush rod to clean the lines from the pump. Ive just filled up again and ran the jets and im still seeing the same small deposits in the water. Im at my whits end please could someone advise on what i am doing wrong or if it is infact biofilm, thankyou. 

IMG_20210223_160916.jpg

I just used the Ahh-some for the first time yesterday and wound up doing 3 doses.  Not sure if you got all the associated literature with your order, but it says it may take a few purges to loosen it up enough to fully purge.   Three things to note. Full strength on each purge. Make sure it has sanitizer on each purge. And the reply I got from them was you don't have to wait for it to heat up between purges, just use a half a coffee mug of water heated in the microwave for 90 seconds and dissolve the product first then post into the tub

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StevenD said:

I just used the Ahh-some for the first time yesterday and wound up doing 3 doses.  Not sure if you got all the associated literature with your order, but it says it may take a few purges to loosen it up enough to fully purge.   Three things to note. Full strength on each purge. Make sure it has sanitizer on each purge. And the reply I got from them was you don't have to wait for it to heat up between purges, just use a half a coffee mug of water heated in the microwave for 90 seconds and dissolve the product first then post into the tub

Hi Steven, thanks for your reply. No I didn't get the included instructions so thankyou for posting them for me. I will take your advise and do another 2 purges I also didn't know that the water needed to be treated so I will try that too. Thankyou for your help.