Leveling a hot tub a small amount

d.sebens

I’ve got an inch lower overall where it sits. It’s 3/4” difference at the water level.  I’ll probably leave it but was thinking, I don’t want to build a box and level it for such a small amount.

What if I got pvc boards and used a 1 by on the low end and taper them for the sides. Does that seem reasonable?  A hot tub is supported by the outside right?  Looking into it I don’t really see any inner supports. 

18 minutes ago, d.sebens said:

A hot tub is supported by the outside right?

The foot well carries the most weight PSI and if the spa is not flat and properly supported...game over

A wise man once said "flat is better than level"... You need support across the entire bottom/base. If one end is propped up along one edge and there is no support under say the foot well area you could crack the acrylic. We have had good success using rigid insulation board. It comes in 8' lengths and varying thickness.. 1/2", 3/4" 1". 

I’ll just leave it for now. The base is flat. So how is a drop in tub supported when it’s installed in a deck?  Do they crib up support under the footwell?  If I used xps foam that wouldn’t really change the angle right? I would still need to make a level base? Or would I just use multiple sizes and make a ramp in a stair step fashion?

2 hours ago, d.sebens said:

Or would I just use multiple sizes and make a ramp in a stair step fashion

You are only out 3/4" if you can't live with it or the imbalance is starving the filter I would jack/lift the spa 1" and slide in a sheet of 1/2" finding the sweet spot that levels the spa but doesn't raise the rest of the spas edge off the ground. Ideally you have a flat and level base but if you have no other options this will work.