Odd bromine test. Hot tub

I’m using the Taylor K-2005 kit. I’ve noticed when I’m at the lower end of the bromine scale, 2-4 ppm after the solution sits a minute or two in the testing vial the level rises to around 10ppm. I’m assuming I should note the early reading and disregard the higher reading that shows over time. Is that how bromine normally reacts? Thanks so much! 

It is how DPD reacts. Does not matter if you are testing chlorine or bromine (or MPS for that matter).

You need to read the test immediately. OTO reagent also does the same thing. FAS-DPD testing (Taylor K-2006 can exhibit this problem also with the sample becoming pink again after sitting even though it was colorless when the titration is finished.

FWIW, test strips also do the same which is why they tell you to read the strip after a certain time period.