pressure switch or switches??????

lindner115

Got an older 2005ish vita spa nuage, everyday i get a pressure switch fault. So i take off the side, and find the in line pressure switch, you know the one in a T, with like 3/4" barb fittings. It has some crap on the switch, likely the problem, for $55 i'll just get one on hand. But the odd thing is there is also a switch in the heater but has no wires to it. Did it fail, and they put in the other style? I didn't think they ever had two switches. This tub is fairly new to me. The number on inline switch is 41144, can i just get the switch, dont need the housing. Thanks.

lindner115

There are 2 different length flow switches available so make sure you get the right one. There is one that is about 2 1/2" long and is normally plumbed into 1 1/2" plumbing. You need the shorter one and in my parts book the flow switch only comes with the clear housing and not on it's own. In the shorter version there are 2 types of housing. One has a 3/8" barb line nipple coming off of it and one does not. As for why there is 2 switches... a flow switch and a pressure switch I suspect the heater tube or the complete spa pack has been replaced at some point. The original Vita spa (Consumer Engineering) packs are crappy and hard to work on IMO so it was likely swapped out at some point. 

Remove the flow switch that is in it and clean it up. It might still be good. Also How old are the filters, when was the last time you cleaned them and how often do you clean them? Dirty filters (even ones that look clean) can be a flow killer and throw intermittent flow errors. Any time you have any issue with your spa always remove the filters and reset the main breaker and run without the filters until the issue is fixed. Remove them from the equation.

thanks for the reply. mine does not have the 3/8 barb. I'm quite sure its the original pack, from what i've seen. the heater is actually stamped with a date, something 2002, holy crap! Cleaning filters weekly because tub was neglected. Looks like a white slime but rinses out in white flakes. i've heard some negative stuff on vitas. I paid $900, and been learning as i go. We love it. Its in really good shape and everything works. Since we like it, i may look to upgrade sometime.

Yeah if you can a threaded plug in there quick...or someone with a big thumb and work quick...lol

Whatever is below it will get wet (pump, pack) so careful. 

Use Ahh-Some plumbing line cleaner to clear out the bio-film in the plumbing and change/clean the flow switch then. ASAP if you have unhealthy stuff coming out of the jets.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lindner115 said:

is it possible to pull it out without draingtub? Just stick a pipe thread plug in hole while i clean it. I can see a piece of what i assume is calcium on switch. @CanadianSpaTech

As stated above, use the Ahh-some and drain it. Then do the necessary work.  Trust me no matter how fast you are, water is faster.  I nearly learned that the hard way. Luckily for me that one drop of water shorted the switch and not the board. Still cost me $40 but much better than a whole new board.

• 2 weeks later...