110v or 230v

gandolf

So I just brought home a 2013 Hot Springs Jetsetter JJ.  The previous owner had it connected 230v.  I have the tub installed indoors so my question is, can I convert it back to 110v and will I really see that much of a benefit by connecting 230v.  My thinking is with it being indoors the tub will not be struggling to heat up and maintain the temps as it would being outside.  Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

The 240V allows you to operate the heater and the jet pump concurrently. It does not increase the performance of the jet pump pressure.

My 2019 Jetsetter is on 110V.  I'm down on FL's Space Coast and have no problem with the tub holding near temp.  During the "winter" with temps in the 40's we might see the water temperature drop two degrees from 104F to 102F during a soak, unless it's very windy and then we might see it drop another one degree to 101F or even 100F after a 30 minute soak.  So in your house without any breeze you should be totally fine.

Note - you will need a special single-outlet plate and a dedicated 20-amp 110V circuit to have enough electricity to power the tub.  ( Hot Spring Caldera Spa GFCI Housing Cover 39453 ), and the GFCI power cord.  You'll also need to change the jumpers to configure the tub for 110V so it doesn't try to run both heater and jet pump concurrently.

Amazon.com: Hot Tub Classic Parts Caldera Spa Gfci Outlet Cover WAT39453:  Garden & Outdoor

• Like 1

I'm in Wisconsin with a Hot Spring SX running 120V. 

When I did my last drain/refill in late November, it took almost 36 hours to heat from 47 degrees up to 104.  If I was running 240V then it would probably have taken 8-10 hours.  

I keep my hot tub at 104 in the winter.  I use my hot tub daily for between 25-35 minutes.  I am shielded from the wind from the south and west but exposed from the north and east.  My coldest soak has been in -5 with winds between 5-10 mph.  I started at 105 and after 30 minutes I was at 101.  

A Jetsetter is better insulated than my SX and is a bit smaller so I don't think your temp loss would be as much as mine in the same environment.  The fact that you are indoors which means its warmer and there is no wind, the hot tub should have no issue maintaining the desired temperature or within a degree or so.  As ratchett said, you need a dedicated 120V 20A outlet.  Jet performance will be identical whether you run 120V or 240V.  Only difference is how long it will take to heat the water and how much temperature loss you have during use.

• Like 2

Just an FYI for frame of reference.  Whenever I drain/refill my tub down here on the Space Coast, my 2019 Jetsetter heats up at 4 degrees per hour (with the cover closed).  So when I refill the tub, it takes about 10 hours to heat up to temperature.  If I drain/refill early enough in the day, I can actually start using my tub that night

On 2/21/2021 at 4:54 PM, gandolf said:

The previous owner had it connected 230v.  I have the tub installed indoors so my question is, can I convert it back to 110v and will I really see that much of a benefit by connecting 230v.

Maybe the poster's issue is that it would be more expensive to run a 230 VAC circuit to the indoor tub than a dedicated 110 VAC line.