Dream maker OH fault

Peels

Have a 2007 simple 115v spa I rescued from a family member. They bought it new. It was leaking and ruining their patio. So I got it for zero. A weekend digging out insulation and $10 jet fixed that. At least until the crack by the light(thin plastic) fixed for the moment.

last week, I turned it way down for the recent cold temps. Went to to turn it back up yesterday and noticed it was running, but with an OH. Overheat fault. Controls (4buttoms) unresponsive.  unplugged for an hour. And restarted. 

The next morning it said 97(default) and turned on.  So I turned it up. Came home it was 104 as set. Grabbed towels grabbed a whiskey and jumped in. Wife: “it feels really hot” it was. Didn’t stay in long. (Felt good though no lie) But looked at the display OH again.

im assuming just a temp sensor, I imagine a board would would totally fault? (I work on printers this thought process is a regular occurrence lol)

I’ll look into it tomorrow, but thought I’d reach out here for tips and tricks. And where to buy parts! 

any know issues? 

How old are the filters and when was the last time you cleaned them? Remove them and run it for a day or 2 without and see if the error comes back. Dirty filters are a flow killer and if you slow the flow of water getting to the heater it will cause errors. Remove them from the equation until the issue is fixed. 

6 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

How old are the filters and when was the last time you cleaned them? Remove them and run it for a day or 2 without and see if the error comes back. Dirty filters are a flow killer and if you slow the flow of water getting to the heater it will cause errors. Remove them from the equation until the issue is fixed.

new filter end of summer. Just went out and checked that earlier..   It looks pretty Gummed up.(it was worse when we got it though) 

trying that suggestion to run without, thanks! 

I’ll Report back. 

• Like 1

Check your filter cycle duration. It should be set at F2 (will filter water for 2 hours out of 12 or 4 out of 24....2 hours AM and 2 hours PM) If it gets set higher...like F8 it will run for 16 hours a day and the ambient heat from the pump motor can overheat the water from the inside. If it is set at FC it will run non stop (Filter Continuously).

Post photos of the circuit board and also the schematic on the inside cover if there is one so we can see how it is wired.

Lol that’s what I said when I got it. But again, it was a ZERO dollar project so.. I snagged it. I would never have paid what they paid. After repairing and using over the year or so, Turns out, my family loves it. Particularly during soccer season, when I’m  coaching everyday in the cold. Come home, and warm up the old bones. 

these things are cheap. It seems Made for people to use for awhile and dump. But as long as they finance them long enough to Pay them off, right? *insert witty comment about America Economics* 

ha!

update. I took apart the board and cleaned every connection and reseated it.

appears to be workin!!! Suppose that cold snap had something to do with it...