white stuff and I don't know what they are. second thread as I don't know where my forst one gone! sorry!

Masood

hi, trying to upload some Pics to show these white stuff but site doesn't allow for uploads. lower resolution pics wouldn't show the stuff, thus wouldn't help. trying again.

before draining, I use this pluming/Jet cleaning chemical and let jets run according to the instructions. then drained, soak filter in filter clean solution mixed with water according to instruction, cleaned filter and insert. cleaned inner shell of Jacuzzi with solution White Vinegar and water equal amount and it did a very good job.

after ref-filling, added needed chemicals/balancing water and ran the jets. now I see these white stuff. I'm assuming from calcium built up in pluming but not sure. this is my first experience with hottub/Jacuzzi. sundance 880 series Mrin.

any help would be greatly appreciated, I only have test trips.

was any attachment uploaded? please advise if you see any pics.

page doesn't allow attachments. dunno why?

thanks,

masood

I can't help with pics. But I suspect that it's calcium from high ph flaking off. This is called "scale". It can take a long time to finish coming loose. Low ph will help, but too low is bad for your spa so keep it above 6.8. 

Here is your other thread.

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52929-can-i-upload-a-video-clip-to-support-my-question-posted-a-few-mints-ago/&do=findComment&comment=204359

7 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

I can't help with pics. But I suspect that it's calcium from high ph flaking off. This is called "scale". It can take a long time to finish coming loose. Low ph will help, but too low is bad for your spa so keep it above 6.8. 

Here is your other thread.

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52929-can-i-upload-a-video-clip-to-support-my-question-posted-a-few-mints-ago/&do=findComment&comment=204359

thank you, then my test strips are got giving me accurate result. I will add some PH chemicals. how long does it may take to go away? like how nay draining if known?

i'm thinking Calcium too since it stays at the bottom.

best Regards,

Masood

It's not about draining, you are trying to dissolve limestone but not damage your heater, pump, gaskets, etc. High ph causes calcium to come out of solution and deposit on surfaces. Anything that causes that buildup to crack, such as replacing a part, moving the spa, etc, starts the process of flaking. It can continue for an indeterminate time, depending on many factors. Your best chance is to dissolve it slowly.

12 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

I notice that you have not listed your chemicals, routine, or readings as requested.

Please take the time to search our site for threads about bromine (there are many) and familiarize yourself with basic bromine chemistry and water testing and balancing.

@waterbear, feel like jumping in here?

thanks and I am doing the same. I ordered a bottle is Sodium Bromide from Amazon after your response. water is fresh now and based on my test trips reading Alkaline may be a little high (comparing colors on test strip and the bottle instruction). what should I use if Alkaline is little high? thank you and I hope one day my experience help others.

regards,

masood

5 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

It's not about draining, you are trying to dissolve limestone but not damage your heater, pump, gaskets, etc. High ph causes calcium to come out of solution and deposit on surfaces. Anything that causes that buildup to crack, such as replacing a part, moving the spa, etc, starts the process of flaking. It can continue for an indeterminate time, depending on many factors. Your best chance is to dissolve it slowly.

what is Flaking process? I am trying to find readings online too. Also, learned about a simple test to determine if its calcium or caused by biofilm. I believe they are calcium. I purchased: LEISURE TIME Spa Hot Tub Weekly Stain and Scale Care Control Defender (3 Pack) from Amazon so let see how it would work I will post results here.

thank you all.

Best Regards,

Masood

Once you break the surface of the calcium glaze covering the inside of the pipes the pressure of the water will continue to get under the edges and break off more flakes. Eventually it will stop except for the occasional piece, but it could take months. Calcium is hard and brittle, and will break and crush. It will also dissolve in acid or vinegar.

Biofilm buildup can come out as a slimy substance that has been compared to toilet paper dissolving in water, as well as a less pleasant description. If allowed to dry, it will split and peel in a flexible film. When wet that film becomes sticky, but is still in pieces of film like saran wrap. In neither case is it actually white, more of an ivory/off-white color floating around and tan or gray in filters. 

Thank you. Correct. They are not Biofilm but Calcium. Ordered the stuff from Amazon and will work it out until ultimately reduced to acceptable level. You see, I inherited this Jacuzzi when u brought this house and it’s inside the house. It’s rather a google one they say. I had not used one before in my whole life but now, I have it and trying to make the best use of it. Thanks again.

Regards,

Masood