water loss how much?

contact634

so my tub level is dropping BUT no water/ice at the bottom  had equip bay open its dry

1 person using tub 20-30 mins each morning and 40 mins each night  temp is -10 or so (Canada)  steams a lot when cover off

tub has a cover  water is leaking from edges of cover some mornings there is ice from this but not enough to account for water loss

water kept at 37-38  recirc pump runs 6 hours overnight and filter cycle runs 3.5 hours every 24

so how much water loss would be normal  I'm not sure if i have a leak (even through cabinet appears dry inside...)  and of course its too cold to really look for leak

I lost about 1-1.5 inch in 3 days

On 2/10/2021 at 6:28 PM, contact634 said:

so how much water loss would be normal  I'm not sure if i have a leak (even through cabinet appears dry inside...)  and of course its too cold to really look for leak

I lost about 1-1.5 inch in 3 days

Yeah that's too much.  In my 200 gallon tub, I top off with water every month or two with daily usage (normal evaporation and splash-out), less than an inch or two of water loss over that period - an inch every three days is too much.

I'll bet your hottub's insulation is soaking up the water loss like a sponge.   Personally, I don't have the time to play plumber so I'd simply call the dealer and let it be their problem.  Good luck finding your leak!

• 1 month later...

Most likely, you have water seeping through the seals and so on. I advise you to check the insides of your gaskets and upholstery From the description, I think this is exactly the case 1-1. 5 inches in 3 days this sounds really much, so the problem is not insignificant and it needs to be addressed. I once had a similar problem but related to the sink in the kitchen. I knew a lot about this case, but I did not think that I could handle it myself, however, I did not have the opportunity to call a plumber because of the coronavirus and the pandemic. My friend suggested that I read a couple of articles on https://www.howtobecomeaplumber.org/ and it is possible to find similar cases to figure it out for myself, which I did. I was surprised myself that I could do it, really lol

• 1 month later...

update  I finally had time and its warm enough to work on this

I opened up all 4 sides no visible water leaks  BUT  when i put my hand between the plastic sheet on the bottom and the sprayed in foam  I found a puddle a big one!

so I started prodding and found it was wet all the way up almost to the top  so I scooped out soaking wet foam until I found some lines  and hour later I found the leak  an air line had 3 pin holes  when blower was off (which is 99% of the time) line fills with water and it was dripping pretty steady  I cut out as much of the hose as I could it  was just clear tubing  and put a new piece in  no more leak  now I'm trying to dry the foam  at least I had a carpet dryer blower  so after 2 days  its almost dry  now ill just watch water level  and see if there are other leaks.....

• Like 3