Ph normal - alkalinity low

Matt-17

I’m sure this has been tackled before, but I can’t seem to find it. The only way I can seem to keep my pH in check is when my alkalinity is around 40ppm or less. If my pH stays around 7.6, but my alkalinity is this low, is that a problem? The second I add alka-rise, my pH goes through the roof. Thanks in advance. 

Matt

On 2/10/2021 at 3:42 PM, Matt-17 said:

I’m sure this has been tackled before, but I can’t seem to find it. The only way I can seem to keep my pH in check is when my alkalinity is around 40ppm or less. If my pH stays around 7.6, but my alkalinity is this low, is that a problem? The second I add alka-rise, my pH goes through the roof. Thanks in advance. 

Matt

We have the same issue in our spa. The ph stays high, the TA drops over time, then the ph starts to slooowwwly follow. We bump up the TA and the ph goes up too. Our TA runs from 70 to 30, our ph 8.2 to 7.5. Our LSI seems to be fine, so I try not to worry about it. We’ve only been doing this a few months.