has anyone used aquablanc before?

Blasterbolt

We bought a masta spa force 5 hot tub. We ran it on bromine and unfortunately, I started to get itchy skin and red bumps. The gp told me it was an allergic reaction so we tried chlorine. all was good for me but the day after the wife had a very bad skin rash and again of to the gps. She has had a bad reaction to the chlorine and still can't use to the tub 3 weeks later as shes still healing up.

Has anyone every used Aquablanc before? or could someone recommend and alternative sanitiser otherwise we have made a rather expensive mistake....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Happy-Hot-Tubs-Aquablanc-Inflatable/dp/B00B4WNVBS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=aquablanc&qid=1612945899&sr=8-3
I asked masta spa about a salt converter but they have told me they do not recommend saltwater for there tubs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Are you sure it was an allergic reaction? How old is the spa and have you ever purged the plumbing with Ahh-Some line cleaner? How often do you clean the filters? Do you get a lot of build up or scum line around the top edge of the water line?

Hot Tub Rash or Folliculitis has similar symptoms. Bacteria based and because you both had incidence I would strongly recommend you purge your spa and filters. Women wearing one piece bathing suits are more susceptible. Regardless of cause make sure she is rinsing her bathing suit after each use. Lots of information available.

Let us know if you think this is a possibility. If it is perhaps we can offer more assistance.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hot-tub-folliculitis#prevention

• Like 1

I'm on a few Facebook Hottub groups and I swear I see stories like this every week.  Crazy how many people have issues with Folliculitis in their tubs.   Nasty stuff, glad I've never had an encounter with it.  Although it makes me second-guess using hottubs in AirBNB's and Public hotels, that's for sure!

• Like 1