Tiger River Bengal humming noise.

Dnaparty

Hello, I have a Bengal tiger river tub, it has been working fantastically for ever. However it has just now developed a humming noise while sat idle. It is getting the water hot and bubbles/water appear to be coming from the outlet on the floor of the tub, just the humming noise is quite concerning, I removed the equipment compartment cover and I think it maybe coming from the silentflo 5000 as when touched I can feel a vibration.  Without the cover removed it sounds like it is coming from below the filter. 

does anybody have an idea of what I should be looking for?

thanks in advance. 

Dirk 

C3341922-F00C-40F5-AA71-F375A51AC894.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

thanks for the reply, I have disconnected the silentflo 5000 from the circuit board and the noise is no longer there, once reconnected the noise returns, so it is definitely the SilentFlo 5000.  I am going to try and clean it and see how that goes otherwise I think a straight replacement(probably going this way) with the Watkins E5 as I believe this is the equivalent replacement now. 

thanks for your help. 

Dirk