Looking for advice on dampening vibration noise for roof deck spa

LisaCO

Hi All,

We recently purchased an Eco Spa E4 and had it installed on our roof deck. The roof deck is right above the master bedroom, and the noise from the motor vibration is quite loud. We can even hear it 2 stories down in the living room. I am looking for recommendations on how to dampen the noise.

The roof itself is reinforced to support a spa. The deck is a Trax deck that is installed on pine 2x2's.

So far, my research has netted suggestions that include putting an industrial rubber mat under the entire spa, and installing dampening material around the motor. I am looking for both: advice from people who have been in this boat before, and what resolved their issues; as well as additional ideas. Bonus points if you know retailers for the products you're recommending.

Thank you all very much!!

Place spa on rubber horse mats and cut to size. Check the pump base for a rubber foot pad and also add rubber washers and large washers. Change nuts to thread locker nuts and tighten them up. 

Link for photos of rubber pump foot pads and the rubber washer set up. https://www.amazon.com/Silencer-Anti-Vibration-Motor-Mount-Spa/dp/B07FB44FM5

Check all the plumbing going into the equipment area and make sure it is not touching any plastic enclosure causing vibration. A lot of times you can have vibrations that are not coming from the pump. I will often firmly grab the spa pack and see if the vibration changes/dissipates. Same with the pump.

Post photos of the pump and it's footing and also of the equipment area so we can see the set up.

On those hard shell cover spas make sure the arm brackets are tight 

Turn off any air injection valves when not in use...It will quieten the spa and save you money on hydro as they take cooler air from the inside of the cabinet and can have a mild cooling effect.

5 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Place spa on rubber horse mats and cut to size. Check the pump base for a rubber foot pad and also add rubber washers and large washers. Change nuts to thread locker nuts and tighten them up. 

Link for photos of rubber pump foot pads and the rubber washer set up. https://www.amazon.com/Silencer-Anti-Vibration-Motor-Mount-Spa/dp/B07FB44FM5

Check all the plumbing going into the equipment area and make sure it is not touching any plastic enclosure causing vibration. A lot of times you can have vibrations that are not coming from the pump. I will often firmly grab the spa pack and see if the vibration changes/dissipates. Same with the pump.

Post photos of the pump and it's footing and also of the equipment area so we can see the set up.

On those hard shell cover spas make sure the arm brackets are tight 

Turn off any air injection valves when not in use...It will quieten the spa and save you money on hydro as they take cooler air from the inside of the cabinet and can have a mild cooling effect.

Thank you!! I'll get back tomorrow with pictures when it is light, and check each of those areas you mention.

• 1 year later...

It is a hard situation, and it would be better to consider it before building the spa. However, I think you can still deal with that. And the rubber mat under the spa is pretty good and the less costly decision. However, it demands a lot of work. But I think hearing the noise at night is not very pleasant, especially for people who come to relax and have a good time. I’ve been in a hotel with a spa situated under an insulated roof partly outside and surrounded by glass walls. It looked very luxury, and the idea was great. Moreover, there was no noise in any room. I think I wouldn’t enjoy it hearing the motor working 24/7