Sundance circulation pump dying

charlesb

I have a circulation pump on a 2013 Sundance Altamar that will be replaced soon as it is making a terrible racket when it just circulates the water either through the jets it controls or the waterfall. No problem. I can replace that as I've done my pool pump twice in the past. 

My issue relates to shutting it off while I wait for the new pump to get here. I followed the power cord from the pump to the circuit board and disconnected the wires from it. When I turned the power back on, the entire unit had no power going to any controls/jets/display panel. So I figured the circuit board shuts everything off if that pump is disconnected and no power is being fed out of those connectors. With the cold weather coming in the Midwest and the pump not likely to get here until next week, is there any way I can prevent that circulation pump from running or am I stuck just hoping the water doesn't freeze until the new pump gets here?

Looking for help regarding that Sundance circuit/control board and how that pump can be bypassed/prevented from turning on. 

Disconnecting the pump should not prevent it from powering up. Place a small Thermostatically controlled space heater inside the cabinet to prevent freezing in needed. Post photos of the circuit board and schematic on the inside cover so we can see how it is currently wired 

Power was shut off when I disconnected both wires (I forgot to disconnect the ground so maybe that caused it to shut completely off?). I reconnected it when the display panel became non-functional and didn't display anything. Everything came back on when I did so and flipped the breaker back on. I ordered the replacement pump and the shipper is only one state over so it is scheduled to arrive in the next few days. 

I hadn't thought about triggering the FLO error when the pump was disconnected. If I had succeeded in just turning off that one pump, heated water wouldn't be circulating through the other pump (because of a FLO error) so the whole exercise was moot. I'll just take the suggestion of placing a small heater in the cabinet if I need to but now that the new pump is on the way, I should be able to get it installed before the freezing temperatures later this weekend. Breaker and voltage are not an issue.

The image shows which two wires were disconnected (which caused the total shutdown). This setup is from the original install by a licensed Sundance dealer. They lead directly to the circulation pump which I am getting replaced by the same one (https://spacare.com/6500-907115HP230VoltLXCirculatonPumpWTC50M.aspx)hottubcontrol.thumb.jpg.a74ef4028e1348efe5f919e4d7154b5e.jpg

Thanks for the responses.

hottubcontrol2.jpg