sundance altamr going into lock mode

contact634

I installed my 2001 altamar back in the spring it has worked fine since then

the last few days  ive noticed the control panel  is locked (pic of padlock)  useing the manaul i pressed the buttons to unlock  and NOTHING  it stays locked  panel says 15 5  LOC

came back 5 mins later  if was unlocked and fine  this morning same thing  panel locked  you cant change anything or turn anything on or temp up or down  heater WAS running

went inside came out 20 mins later  still locked   so i turned off power  for 1 min back then back on  lock went away

No other errors nobody has touched anything in the equipment bay  for weeks

any ideas?

3 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Could be a bad topside or circuit board. How does the topside look? Any moisture behind the screen or cracks in the overlay? Does it have an auxiliary topside or button?

Topside looks perfect no moisture that I can see. It does have a second topside that plugs into the harness of the main topside it functions fine (except when locked) 

I will double check topside carefully when I get home 

anyway I can test ? I do have another main topside that I changed months ago as 1 button stopped working I suppose I could plug that back in to confirm topside is problem or not 

2 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

That's what I would do. Also disconnect the auxiliary. Some systems recognize a shorted button and automatically lock the topside to prevent accidental equipment issues, such as a pump running continuously or such. Not sure on yours, but very possible.

Ok I’ll inspect topside tonight and unplug the aux panel to start then see what happens process of elimination 

is topside more likely then board?

thanks 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so it happened again tonight been fine almost a month use 2x a day every day

tonight I got in turned on 2 pumps and blower 20 mins later as per timer they turned off I reached over to my REMOTE panel and pressed the blower  NOTHING tried both pumps nothing so I went and looked at lcd  and it was locked AND  said HOLD then the spa light turned off  so being now dark and cold out (currently -9C)  I decided to sit and drink another beer  about 2 mins later the panel went back to unlocked and no hold  I went over to remote panel and turned on blower and both pumps  a few times over the next 15 mins or so and it would not do it again  so it MAY be the remote panel

when it went into lock and flashing HOLD  the filter cycle was running the recirc pump as per schedule

9 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

"Hold" is a response to a button being pressed for too long. One of your buttons is shorting out. Figuring out which topside it is will be a challenge with it being intermittent.

would I be safe to assume the remote panel? as I did not touch the main  until it said lock and hold  it supposed to warm up a bit here in a few days, if so I will open it up and check that connector again  if its opened again ill zip tie it together

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...