Another 2015 Hot Springs Envoy NXT leaking

fboyles

I've pulled the side panels from the tub following the wet foam back trying to identify where the leak is coming from. My question what method do you think I should use? 1. go with the pour UV dye into the water and use a UV/black flash light to trace the leak. 2. I have also seen a dye product in a syringe where you inject dye towards the jet in question and see if dye gets pulled into that jet. I would think the problem with #2 their are many jets that are linked together. I leaning towards the UV method. 

image.thumb.png.9a92c108ece0cebf701efc884b124dc6.png

image.thumb.png.d5714bbdaa590e447bb44df217f03bba.png

25 years in and have never used or had the need to use dye. If you are going to use it here is an FYI page: https://www.easyspaparts.com/Static/BlueDye_Application#:~:text=Blue Dye can help%2C it,to detect cracks in eggs.

Let us know results what ever you decide.

Is the leak by the motomassager unit?  I see so many leaks in that section of the tub (often on the drain at the bottom of the motomassager unit)

It's a 2015 NXT, should have tons of life left in it.  If it were my tub I'd spend the money and call the dealer to have them fix it the right way.  These are not some mid-grade run-of-the-mill hottub.

I have used dye to locate leaks in pools and inground spas, even a few portables to get info before digging and racking up the $. But dye is used to see the slow flow of water toward a leak point from inside the pool or spa, not to dye the foam outside. With the amount you would need and the cost of leak detection dye, I would not even consider it. But with still water the dye will tell you if there is a flow out of the moto jet drain. Remove the cover and use an eye dropper to squeeze out a bit of dye, slowly and holding very still, near the suspected location. The dye will slowly streak out toward the leak if it is nearby, and just hang in a slowly expanding blob if there is no current. If you move at all, or release the eyedropper bulb, or breathe, or think too hard you will create a current in the water and ruin your test.