Jacuzzi 365 (2016) FL 2 Error

Mbd41

Hi, I am helping a friend.  He has a 365 built in 2016.  I have an older 365.  Flow switch on his hot tub is Accessed by removing the front panel of the control box, is located in the bottom right corner and looks like it is held in with 2 screws,  not a plastic clear one like my own older 365.  I did remove filters and I did run a hose into the water lines to clear any air.

1. FL2 showing and temp dropped but staying around 85 degrees, cold here in ontario so need to get figured out. Warmed up to 87.

2. Disconnected wire to board that comes from the flow switch, J9, connection.  When unplugged the circ pump came on and error changed to FL 1. 
3. This hot tub has clear ray system, if that matters.
4. Both pumps will run and move water okay.

Is the problem the flow switch, and can it be changed without draining the hot tub?

thanks, mike

• 1 month later...

I have been battling on FL2 error on my jacuzzi j365. I thought it was because of dirt since water is couple months since winter but I drained and problem persists. I then bought new filters same issue. I remove the filters error goes away. When error comes for mine it causes the heater to run non stop but not to the heating temperature so I usually reset. Error comes back and jets don't work right away but eventually it comes back. I've noticed my filters get tighter even after leaving lose. Did not try hose down pipes yet been cold since one day I was able to drain. Any ideas?

• 2 years later...

I repeatedly get the FL-2 error. I had 2 service calls when it was under warranty and the technician changed the sensor both times. Now my warranty is expired (at 2 years old), and my hot tub is 4 years old. It always comes when I change the water. I have filled with hose in the filter hole as recommended. I put a new filter in each time. Last water filling when it happened, I took the filter out and let it run and reset and it cleared and I never had a problem. I have just changed the water now and the same scenario is happening. Am I doing something when I change the water? It is so annoying and I am perplexed.