Has anyone created DIY spa booster seats and head rests

Amy5687

Hello, has anyone down any DIY spa booster seats or head rests for their hottub? Im trying to find any ideas I can before purchasing actual spa accessories at the store.. I found on this site that someone used a beach ball and filled it half way up with water and it created a seat.. thanks for any information possible!

For the time being my wife is using a 2 gallon ziploc freezer bag. Just happened to be the only usable thing handy.  But yes it worked well, just doesn't stay put very well.  Next time we go for a soak I plan on sticking a 1 gallon bag of sand inside the 2 gallon bag of water.

4 hours ago, Fingerstank said:

I would suggest highly not putting sand in your hot tub. Even with a tight fit and enclosed in a bag, if that were to pop open accidentally it's gonna be a hell of a mess.

Just my 2 cents :)  

Yea probably so. Maybe BB's or similar.  Don't forsee using this method very much since I ordered her a proper booster. Unfortunately it must be on the slow boat from China as the estimated delivery is Feb 21. 

The mess is a consideration, especially since the sand will go through the pumps and lodge in the jets making them impossible to adjust/remove and stopping any spinners dead. But sand is stone (unless you use silica) laden with minerals and metals you don't want in your spa. BBs are not any better, unless they are stainless steel. 

I would suggest flat marbles in a mesh laundry bag.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089MFG996/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_T66ZH9ZYSP4K7DE6W8DX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1