Shoulder Jet - Missing a Piece?

rmcderm313

Hi All,

On my 2009 Thermospas Manhattan, 2 of the seats have 'Shoulder Jets' on each side of the headrest.  I think they might be missing a piece.  Maybe some kind of insert that clips onto them.  I've included a picture of the jets as they are now; as well as the page from the manual that shows what they should look like.  Clearly different.

The previous owner thinks they were like this all along, and given the fact that all 4 are the same, I doubt that anything just 'fell off'.  When the jets are on, a steady stream of water come out of these jets, but not nearly strong enough to reach your shoulder.  I suspect if there was a part that was restricting the outflow, like is shown in the user manual, it would provide the pressure to hit your shoulders with a spray.

Any insight into whether these are actually a shoulder jet with a missing part, or whether Thermospas just installed the wrong jet in this place.  I wouldn't be surprised honestly with some of the design issues with this spa. Although most of my issues are with the frame construction.

I did find this possible replacement part linked below.  I'm not sure if my jets are actually waterways jets or not.

Possible Match?

If no one has any insight I'll probably just order one of those internal assemblies and see if I can pull the cap off and put it on my jet.

As always, all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

Thanks @RDspaguy If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the picture in the manual is the same as the jet in the link at waterway parts; do I have that correct?

and, the 'jet body' is what is shown in the actual photo of my spa. Also correct?

I'm not sure how to get that jet body out.  Is it screwed in?  I'll need to get a closer look at it when the temperature goes above freezing.

Thanks for the response, I'll probably take a run at it in the Summer time.

Rob

4 hours ago, rmcderm313 said:

do I have that correct?

👍

and, the 'jet body' is what is shown in the actual photo of my spa. Also correct?

No. What you see is a jet face (aka "barrel" or "internal" ) which goes into the jet body.

it screwed in? 

Well, since the one you want to put there is, you should hope so. I can't tell from looking which style it is.