new/used tub

lindner115

I know, I know, I didn't do my research prior to buying, when I bought it was cold and late and if you want more excuses I can come up with them. 2006ish Vita Spa Nuage. Lol. It was new homeowners and they didn't want to deal with tub but didnt know many details, basically worst case scenario. Anyway, I was told they turned off the waterfall because they didn't like the noise. I been having trouble controlling sanitzer, wife actually got rash. I use bromine in a floater, and have granular bromine. And Shock, actually called shock. Upon further investigation of waterfall, they actually unhooked one pump. Actually unplugged and pulled wires off relay. I hooked it back up and it works.  Why it was unplugged will probably show its ugly face sooner than later, but as of now it works. But i did get a bunch of gross debris when i started it, beetles and such. Onto the next, the air blower fuse blown, replace and it drops the gfci. I'm sure air blower needs replacing. Do I have to have a blower? Can it have possibly bacteria growing if not circulating? I know I just need to empty and clean. But its teens in Wisconsin and a foot of snow, but for the love of God the kids want to use the tub!! I'd like to wait for a 40 degree day to do that. I've put in new filters, any insight? I've heard Vita Spa is a different breed, but she's my baby for now. I got $900 invested. Thanks so much.

Lindner115

Buy Ahh-Some plumbing line cleaner. You can try other brands but won't be satisfied. Purge and clean. Repeat if necessary.

The blower might have a one way check valve that need replacing and is letting water get to the blower causing the trip. If there is water in the blower it MAY dry out with a new check value (assuming the valve needs replacement) 

You should go over to the water chemistry section of the forum and read all the pinned posts. There is a small learning curve but once you understand the methods described you will have a better grip on maintaining a healthy hot tub. 

Clean filters weekly/bi weekly if you have kids and heavy use

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Buy Ahh-Some plumbing line cleaner. You can try other brands but won't be satisfied. Purge and clean. Repeat if necessary.

The blower might have a one way check valve that need replacing and is letting water get to the blower causing the trip. If there is water in the blower it MAY dry out with a new check value (assuming the valve needs replacement) 

You should go over to the water chemistry section of the forum and read all the pinned posts. There is a small learning curve but once you understand the methods described you will have a better grip on maintaining a healthy hot tub. 

I have Ah some already, waiting for a warmer day. thanks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

How long do you leave ah some in?

Remove the filters and put them in the foot well. Turn off any air injection valves. Run it through with all pumps on hi speed for a minimum 30 mins. Remove the gunk from the side walls as it drains. Once drained wipe down all surfaces with a little Ahh Some mixed into a pail of hot water.  Try and get as much water out of the spa as possible. Personally when empty I will turn on the power and run the pumps for a few seconds to force out some of the water left in the plumbing... but only for a few seconds. Refill and repeat if needed. Rinse filters well.

For hot tubs, use 1 teaspoon of gel for every 125 gallons.

https://ahhsome.com/faqs/

• Like 1

Don't forget to Nuke the tub..  Get your Fc up there above 10 ppm minimum. Before draining your tub.

As @CanadianSpaTech suggested try and get as much of the water out of the tub.

If you have a shop vac use it. Either reverse the nozzle and blow out the lines or suck it out ;)

I usually use the shop vac and have it suck out each individual jet as well as the filter cabinet. I make sure there is nothing left in the plumbing