Spa chlorine

Jrisebo

The Frog system does not use a standard chlorine - instead it uses this chemical.  You're not the first to try to find a replacement to refill your own frog system. The problem everyone has is that while they have been able to identify the chemical compound, there is no supplier for this chemical selling it in granular form on the market (the closest someone has gotten was a powdered format).   So unless you have a Chemist friend who wants to be the next Walter White, it's a fools errand

682169046_g3genfghzel511.thumb.jpg.e1dc68ae96cf740a7d979a649aec996b.jpg

That said, I personally use a Dichlor 56 product (AllClear Spa Sanitizer) in my tub for sanitizing.

If you want to learn more about how to use Dichlor/Bleach in your tub instead of the frog system, check out this thread:

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23090-dichlorbleach-method-in-a-nutshell/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ratchett said:

The Frog system does not use a standard chlorine - instead it uses this chemical.  You're not the first to try to find a replacement to refill your own frog system. The problem everyone has is that while they have been able to identify the chemical compound, there is no supplier for this chemical selling it in granular form on the market (the closest someone has gotten was a powdered format).   So unless you have a Chemist friend who wants to be the next Walter White, it's a fools errand

682169046_g3genfghzel511.thumb.jpg.e1dc68ae96cf740a7d979a649aec996b.jpg

That said, I personally use a Dichlor 56 product (AllClear Spa Sanitizer) in my tub for sanitizing.

If you want to learn more about how to use Dichlor/Bleach in your tub instead of the frog system, check out this thread:

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23090-dichlorbleach-method-in-a-nutshell/

Thanks. I will look into it.

2 minutes ago, Cusser said:

I've used a floater and 1" bromine tablets in my spa since 1988.

When your spa reaches that age, drop me a note.

I have been popping off the top and putting 1" tablets in the frog cartridge. It works good, but so much wasted space, I was hoping a granular option was available. The 1" tablets work good, just a bit of a menace to refill.