Tiger River Bengal M - Everything functions except jets

itgogitrev

Long-time lurker here; I've found many posts here pretty helpful in diagnosing/repairing previous issues.

Current issue is a 2003 Tiger River Bengal M that has a non-op jetpump. I get a "jets icon" whenever I turn on the jets or run a clean cycle as well as a red light on D17 on the board. Unfortunately, jet pump (WaveMaster 7000) doesn't respond... not even a hum, so I'm ruling out a bad cap. Motor spins freely too when turned with a wrench. All other items connected to the board work just fine and have 120V across the terminals.

I checked voltage across the flag terminals on the jet pump with it turned on and I get between 4.2-5.1V. Is it possible that a relay has gone out? I looked around the board for burn marks or other charred remnants and everything looks clean. The board is from 2003, so I'm certain it's getting ready to retire. I just replaced the heater control board last year after one of the relays burned a huge hole in the board. 

Any ideas on what resistance I should be seeing on the relays? I'm getting ready to run out and get some alligator clips to test them.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

Sorry, spade connectors. That’s where I’m getting my 4-5V.

Waiting on relays to arrive at the moment. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get the board back on until this morning which let the check valve from the ozonator freeze open overnight. So now I’m thawing out a bunch of ice and drying out the ozonator as well.

Sorry for the delay... combination of quarantining and heater leaks kept me from looking at this sooner.

Here's what I'm getting at the moment (pics attached):

1.) Testing heater (not 100% related, but worth noting)= 235-238V

2.) Jet Pump, tested black & white with jets turned on (D17 diode lit) = 0V

3.) Jet Pump, tested black & green with jets turned on (D17 diode lit) = 120V

Two questions stem from this...

a.) Does a lit D17 diode indicate that something has tripped?

b.) How can I bypass the board and test the pump without removing it from the hot tub? Temps here are between 15°-30° so I have to keep water in the tub to prevent anything else from freezing.

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

Ok. You have voltage to the heater but not the jet pump. Is the circ pump running? Why isn't it heating, or overheating? Are there any errors on the control, or flashing indicator lights, or such? Post a pic of the topside control.

Some heaters have a manual reset button (usually wherever it will be hardest to find 😉). Check for one. Turn off breakers and test resistance across the heater wires at the board. Post results.

Test voltage to the circ pump.

Verify incoming voltage from both breakers as the jet pump uses a different breaker than the heating system.

You can't bypass the board aside from wiring the pump directly to another power connection. Does your board have a jet2 connection? Does that connection have voltage across the terminals?

Most hardware stores will have splitters for spade terminals, turning one into 2. Use those where the red/white/black wires connect to the two boards. If your pump is 240v use black/red, and if 120v use black/white. Connect the pump wires and it will run non-stop.

Heater works fine. I replaced the endcap a few days ago due to a crack between the bridge in between the 2 tubes (huge leak, most likely due to freezing while I had the board out to replace the relays). I took it to 100° to see if it'd reach it and it did so with no problems.

Circ pump works as well. Ozonator works... well, it works as well as a 17 year old can. A new one is currently in route. 

No errors on the control panel. POWER and READY indicators are lit and steady (no flashing). It seems that everything functions properly except the jet pump.

I'll run to the store, grab some spade terminal splitters, and open everything back up to check voltage/resistance. I do have JET PUMP 2 spade connections and I'll test them as well once it stops raining and I can dig into it.

• 1 year later...
On 2/4/2021 at 1:18 PM, itgogitrev said:

Heater works fine. I replaced the endcap a few days ago due to a crack between the bridge in between the 2 tubes (huge leak, most likely due to freezing while I had the board out to replace the relays). I took it to 100° to see if it'd reach it and it did so with no problems.

Circ pump works as well. Ozonator works... well, it works as well as a 17 year old can. A new one is currently in route. 

No errors on the control panel. POWER and READY indicators are lit and steady (no flashing). It seems that everything functions properly except the jet pump.

I'll run to the store, grab some spade terminal splitters, and open everything back up to check voltage/resistance. I do have JET PUMP 2 spade connections and I'll test them as well once it stops raining and I can dig into it.

itgogitrev. Hello did you solve this problem?    I have the exact problem 120v blk green  0v blk white.  Circ pump works fine as does heat..  when I hit jets or clean I hear a click and red light comes on circuit board and no pump. No hum nothing.  I can turn the shaft with my finger..  2004 jetsetter with wave master 7000 110v I converted to the spa to 230. For the fast heating. None of the breakers on the sub panel are tripping every thing works as It should except no jet pump..  please help with your solution. Is the pump toast??   E m a i l is kksiazak  At y ahoo. dot  co m. all lower case  Thanks in advance.  Really Need your help