Ozonator and Oxidation?

mscdman

41 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

I add 1 tsp plus 1/2 to 1 tsp dichlor per user after use on a 400 gallon or so spa. That should be enough to land me in the 3ppm zone, but since I will get immediate oxidation and the chlorine combining to form chloramines it would be difficult to actually read that in time. 

I have an 8 year old so mine saw frequent heavy use.

I also use nature2 (silver ion) as well as ozone. And drain every 3 months and replace my nature2.

I don't smell chemicals, have ph issues, get strange rashes or itchy skin, or use mps. If it gets a bit murky I will hit it hard (1/2-1 cup) with liquid chlorine (12%). This happens if I spill a drink, one of the dogs jumps in, or my son is in and out with playtime in the yard. 

I will also mention that these amounts are in a range because I don't use a measuring device, so it is actually a bit of dichlor poured into the cap that looks about right, and a few splashes of liquid from the jug. 🙄 Yep. After all, it's just my tub. Not like it's a paying customer or anything.😉

That should drive @waterbearbatshit crazy.🤪

For what it's worth - my Hotspring dealer has me on basically the same care routine.....    Circ pump + ozonator running constantly with a nature2 (Hotspring rebranded) silver ion cartridge.  The math my dealer has for my 200 gallon Jetsetter tub is 1/2 teaspoon Dichlor56 per person (per 30 minutes, rounding up) added to the tub after soaking and then hit the clean button to run the jets for 10 minutes.     Test pH once a month (boost with four ounces of baking soda as needed) and clean/rotate my three ceramic filters. 

We use our tub for half an hour every night of the year with very few exceptions, and our care routine has been great.  Only times I have cloudy water are when the pH drifts too low, or I'm not using sufficient chlorine for usage (started using tub more when weather got colder and found I had cloudy water issues, cleared up when I started adding half a teaspoon more chlorine than I had been)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 11:02 AM, RDspaguy said:

I will also mention that these amounts are in a range because I don't use a measuring device, so it is actually a bit of dichlor poured into the cap that looks about right, and a few splashes of liquid from the jug. 🙄 Yep. After all, it's just my tub. Not like it's a paying customer or anything.😉

That should drive @waterbearbatshit crazy.🤪

Not really, When you have as many years experience as we do it becomes "do as I say, not as I do". 😲😏😉 You should see me "measure" chemicals to put in my pool! The again, I have a good eye for dosing because of my experience.  I still test to know what i need to add and how much. there is no escaping that! (However, after a while you will learn that, when the tests show a certain results or in between tests you need to add "a bit of dichlor poured into the cap that looks about right, and a few splashes of liquid from the jug" to get things perfect!)

10 minutes ago, waterbear said:

Not really, When you have as many years experience as we do it becomes "do as I say, not as I do". 😲😏😉 You should see me "measure" chemicals to put in my pool! The again, I have a good eye for dosing because of my experience.  I still test to know what i need to add and how much. there is no escaping that! (However, after a while you will learn that, when the tests show a certain results or in between tests you need to add "a bit of dichlor poured into the cap that looks about right, and a few splashes of liquid from the jug" to get things perfect!)

I bought a small Oz measuring cup from bed bath and beyond and use that for my bleach (well just switched to the pool chlorine - same same - and it has Oz measurements in 1/2 Oz increments 

• Like 1