Hottub pump 1 high speed turns on when heating.

Laurence

Hi, I have a balboa hottub and is just looking for some advice. When I adjust the heat temp the pump 1 high speed turns on, is that normal as I thought it only uses the low speed pump for filtering and heating. When it kicks in I can press jet one then it switches to low speed and still heats up. When I came back out a few hours later to check the temp the pump 1 high speed has turned back on again and doesn't shut off automatically until it reaches the desired temp. 20210119_131455.thumb.jpg.d366bcac5f01011744827f25bf5c8c5c.jpgI have attached photos of my topside controller and the motherboard I am using is a balboa gs501sz. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

20210119_131503.jpg

Have you recently made any changes to the spa...new pump? Place the temp down 5 degrees and wait 30 seconds or so for the pump to stop and heat light to go out. No filter cycle running. It will take about 30 seconds for the heater to cool and pump to shut off. Then turn the temp back up so heat light comes on and pump starts. Does it start in hi speed or low speed?

• Like 1

I have replaced 2 two speed pump before yes but am sure I put it the same wiring as before and I also replaced the motherboard and topside controller as the motherboard block got fried. And the topside controller i had was not compatible with my new motherboard. So I replaced that also with the correct one. I turned down the temp but the low speed is still running and heat light is now off as I think its in filter cycle. Am not sure on how to turn off the filter cycle.

2 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Have you recently made any changes to the spa...new pump? Place the temp down 5 degrees and wait 30 seconds or so for the pump to stop and heat light to go out. No filter cycle running. It will take about 30 seconds for the heater to cool and pump to shut off. Then turn the temp back up so heat light comes on and pump starts. Does it start in hi speed or low speed?

I have attached a few pictures of the motherboard incase I have not set somthing correctly there. 

20210119_170850.jpg

20210119_170904.jpg

20210119_171006.jpg

Has the spa run properly since you put the pump in?... or is it a new install of the pump and it has not run correctly yet. Did you remove the wires to the pump when you changed the pump? If the latter you likely have the hi speed and low speed wires backwards at the pump. With power off reverse the red and blk wires. Make sure common (white) is in correct location.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Laurence said:

I was also unsure what this part ment. I have attached a photo 

Thanks 

16110817646091392852316963087762.jpg

This table relates to the little red block with the white switches along the bottom of the circuit board. Turn power off before making any changes. You currently have A2 and A10 both ON or in the UP position. How many pumps do you have? You also have dip switches 6,7,8 in the ON position. Need to see photo of the inside cover of the pack with the schematic to know what they are for

On 1/19/2021 at 11:26 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

This table relates to the little red block with the white switches along the bottom of the circuit board. Turn power off before making any changes. You currently have A2 and A10 both ON or in the UP position. How many pumps do you have? You also have dip switches 6,7,8 in the ON position. Need to see photo of the inside cover of the pack with the schematic to know what they are for

Hi, I have 2 pumps, 2 speed pump and 1 speed pump. I have attached a picture of what the definition are, am sure I have put 6,7,8 on correctly but I am not sure about 2,and 10.

Thanks sorry about late reply. 20210122_144244.thumb.jpg.9bc49f3257171a33e6cdd6bbd102da70.jpg